07-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Butter up and flour a baking pan (5-inch tall by 10 inches in diameter). Heat up the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of soft butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- ~For garnishing:
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups of sweetened, condensed milk
- 2 cups of evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- Beat together butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy and has a very light yellow color (about 3-4 mins). One by one add the eggs and continue beating well after adding each new egg. Add vanilla and flour and beat until you obtain a smooth batter. Pour batter into the baking pan. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean (about 35 mins). Cool down to room temperature.
- For the garnish, mix in the milk, evaporated and condensed milk. Pour the milk mixture on top of the cake and soak in the refrigerator, bathing it regularly until it has absorbed half of the liquid.
- Beat the whipping cream until it starts to form peaks. Add the sugar and keep beating until it is thoroughly mixed. Spread the whipped cream on the cake and chill for another 10 minutes before serving.
It takes about an hr & a half, and serves about 4-5 people
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo
Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.