Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Recipes -- stuff to eat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #21
 
RainyDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 49
Default

I don't know how the green juice turns out in a blender. Sorry.
I tried the vegan pancakes and they are actually really good.
The recipe is from TofuGuru on youtube.

Recipe:

-1 cup flour
-1teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
mix together first

-1 cup soymilk
-add 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar and allow to curdle
-then add one tablespoon of a light oil (I had coconut oil)

Mix everything together- Voila!
Attached Thumbnails
Delicious vegan and/or vegetarian recipes-vegan.jpg  
RainyDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
 
goldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower princess View Post
I must try that Green Juice thing i use to make some but have stopped for some time.I don't have a juicer do you think a blender will work?(I'll probably need to strain it and add some liquid though).
You might want to try a green monster smoothie. There are lots of recipes on the Internet but basically it's handful or two of spinach, fruit you like (I tend to do blueberries & peaches or mango & pineapple - all frozen), a splash of milk (you can use yogurt), sweetener if you prefer, and a banana on top. Blend it all together and enjoy!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlehead
Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master!
goldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDays View Post
I don't know how the green juice turns out in a blender. Sorry.
I tried the vegan pancakes and they are actually really good.
The recipe is from TofuGuru on youtube.

Recipe:

-1 cup flour
-1teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
mix together first

-1 cup soymilk
-add 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar and allow to curdle
-then add one tablespoon of a light oil (I had coconut oil)

Mix everything together- Voila!
Okay.Thanks for the photo too it looks delicious!
__________________
All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
Flower princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #24
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower princess View Post
I must try that Green Juice thing i use to make some but have stopped for some time.I don't have a juicer do you think a blender will work?(I'll probably need to strain it and add some liquid though).
You might want to try a green monster smoothie. There are lots of recipes on the Internet but basically it's handful or two of spinach, fruit you like (I tend to do blueberries & peaches or mango & pineapple - all frozen), a splash of milk (you can use yogurt), sweetener if you prefer, and a banana on top. Blend it all together and enjoy!
I'll look up to that.Thanks.
__________________
All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
Flower princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #25
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 94
Default

If anyone needs good vegan recipes ask me iam 13 but have been a vegan all my life my mom and my dad and my 2 sisters are vegan too all our life my mom cooks a Finnic meals but on top of that she has to make half gluten free for my dad and 2 sisters a 10 yr old and 2 yr. Old
Athenacurly:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #26
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenacurly:) View Post
If anyone needs good vegan recipes ask me iam 13 but have been a vegan all my life my mom and my dad and my 2 sisters are vegan too all our life my mom cooks a Finnic meals but on top of that she has to make half gluten free for my dad and 2 sisters a 10 yr old and 2 yr. Old
Can you share some of your favourite recipes and also what do you eat for snacks?
__________________
All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
Flower princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 94
Default

I will go look in my fridge and cupboard any type of specific recipes/ snacks???? I have got a ton
Athenacurly:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #28
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenacurly:) View Post
I will go look in my fridge and cupboard any type of specific recipes/ snacks???? I have got a ton
Okay thanks.I don't have any specific recipe or snack.I just want some really tasty ones
__________________
All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
Flower princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #29
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 94
Default

Okay
Athenacurly:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #30
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 94
Default

Some of my favorite snacks :
Enviro kids crispy rice peanut butter drizzle
- sweets from the earth nanimo bars
-yoso yogurts are okay
Tofutti milk free cream cheese with any type of crackers
Zen pudding
Yves veggie cuisine has pretty good meat replacements
Dayia cheese that actually melts
Terra Nostra rice milk chocolate is to die for!
Thoughd are some really good vegan foods I have tried and have you ever been to a resterante called "kind food"?
Athenacurly:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #31
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 94
Default

I will get you some recipes iam just not sure where my moms recipe book is and Ian nit sure exactly how they are made sorry
Athenacurly:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #32
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenacurly:) View Post
Some of my favorite snacks :
Enviro kids crispy rice peanut butter drizzle
- sweets from the earth nanimo bars
-yoso yogurts are okay
Tofutti milk free cream cheese with any type of crackers
Zen pudding
Yves veggie cuisine has pretty good meat replacements
Dayia cheese that actually melts
Terra Nostra rice milk chocolate is to die for!
Thoughd are some really good vegan foods I have tried and have you ever been to a resterante called "kind food"?
Thanks.I haven't been to that restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenacurly:) View Post
I will get you some recipes iam just not sure where my moms recipe book is and Ian nit sure exactly how they are made sorry
Okay don't worry i can wait.
__________________
All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
Flower princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #33
 
Foodlunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower princess View Post
I've tasted many vegetarian -vegan recipes that aren't tasty at all.I wan't some really delicious irresistible recipes to incorporate more veggies in my diet.I'll like one that non vegetarians/vegans also can enjoy without feeling the need of adding meat.Thanks.
I'm not a vegetarian/vegan, but I do love a good veggie meal. For me that starts with the vegetables or fruits I like and two of my favorites are Avocado and Okra. Okay, maybe okra isn't everyone's favorite, but it makes a really good meal and absorbs flavors well both in stir fry's and in soups. I do have a blog on recipes and here are a couple of my favorite recipes:

Avocado Chimichurri -- tasty avocado in south american spices that works well served on crusted bread.

Okra Bhaji - is a spicy okra stir fry using Indian spices that tastes great as a meal served with basmati rice.

I also think a lot of meat stews with a lot of vegetables can easily be turned into a vegetarian dish. For example one of my favorite African dishes is Peanut Stew. This can be made with just vegetables or with meat such as chicken or lamb. I have an African Chicken & Okra Peanut stew on my blog. To make it vegetarian simply exclude the chicken and substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth. Still go through the process of stewing the sauce for 30 minutes without the chicken to allow the peanut and tomato flavors to blend, then add the vegetables at the end. In this recipe I use okra, kale, bell peppers, carrots, onions and tomatoes, but consider adding eggplant, chinese long green beans and potatoes which are other ingredients used in the many variations of this African Peanut stew.

Another meat dish rich in vegetables that can easily be turned into a vegetarian meal is this simple Filipino Tamarind base soup. Again usually made with meat included, but eliminate the chicken in this recipe and it makes a great vegetarian meal. This one uses okra, japanese eggplant, onions, tomatoes, ginger, tamarind powder, and mustard greens. Try adding green beans and baby spinach to make it an even richer vegetable soup.

These are some dishes that I as a non-vegetarian really enjoy.
__________________
Normal porosity
Low density (I think?)
Normal elasticity
Lovin delicious food
Foodlunatic.com
Foodlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com