CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Recipes -- stuff to eat (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/recipes-stuff-eat/)
-   -   Delicious vegan and/or vegetarian recipes (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/recipes-stuff-eat/133365-delicious-vegan-vegetarian-recipes.html)

Flower princess 09-21-2011 04:38 AM

Delicious vegan and/or vegetarian recipes
 
I've tasted many vegetarian -vegan recipes that aren't tasty at all.I wan't some really delicious irresistible recipes to incorporate more veggies in my diet.I'll like one that non vegetarians/vegans also can enjoy without feeling the need of adding meat.Thanks.

thelio 09-22-2011 07:33 AM

When it starts to get cold i make veggie chilli. Which is the same as regular meat chilli except no meat and a variety of beans. Which ever you like.

I also do lasgana with spinach and mushrooms, again no meat.

SparklyCurls 09-22-2011 09:22 AM

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian but adhear to eating less meat/fish/poultry.
Indian cuisine is excellent for meatless vegan or vegetarian recipes and no way are they tasteless as they use a whole lot of delicious spices.

Also vegtable stir frys can be made many ways without meat/fish or poultry.

Flower princess 09-22-2011 12:24 PM

It would be really nice if you could share some of the recipes.Like the veggie chilly,lasagna thelio and some of the indian recipes-stir and fry SparklyCurls.By the way thanks for responding!

thelio 09-22-2011 12:49 PM

the chilli recipe is really easy and you can add what ever you like.

in a large pot, add oil (your choice), onion, grean peppers, garlic and if you like spice jalepeno peppers. add a can of kidney beans, chick beans, black beans, white beans (what ever beans you like), a can of tomatoes, chilli powder, oregeno, salt and pepper. I eyeball everthing, taste, and add my spices and herbs until i like the taste. i let it simmer on low for a couple hours so flavors can fuse. After just serve it up like you would regular chilli

As for the lasagna. I cook up my spinach in a dab of oil. you can use fresh or frozen, but if you use frozen it has to be drained throughly of all excess water. add garlic, itailain seasonings adn put to theside. I do the same wiht the mushrooms adn use what ever ones you like or a mix of two three or four. I have my lasangna sheets cooks and cooled down so you can handle them. for a regular size pan you will need about 9. spoon some of your favorite pasta sauce on the bottom, a layer of pasta, risotta cheese, spinach, mushrooms, provolone( or mozerella). repeat. on the top layer of pasta pour the remaider of you sauce on it and top with fresh mozerella (that fresh mozerella gives it a little something extra) and fresh parsley. Bake in over @ 375 unitl bubbling brown.

These recipes (i wouldn't even call them recipes) you can play wiht them anyway you like. Add what ever veggies you like, waht ever sauces you like. you can go wild and have fun. they are really hard to screw up. for both you can use chesse to cover up any funky taste. you can also use non-vegan chesses (provolone, mozerela, ect) or vegan chesses (I am not vegan, so i dont know how this chesses would compare w/ the real deal)

nadra24 09-22-2011 06:41 PM

I add lots of veggies to pasta, and rarely miss the meat. My favorite these days is chopped kale and red peppers sauteed with some garlic in olive oil. When the veggies are almost done add a can (drained) of white beans or garbanzos, heat through, and stir in cooked rotini pasta. Season with salt and pepper and top with crumbled feta or parmesan cheese. I usually use a one bunch of kale, two red peppers, and about two cups uncooked pasta and it makes about four servings. This is also good with halved cherry tomatoes instead of red peppers.

Spinach, onion and mushrooms are also good sauteed and mixed with pasta. Sautee the onion and mushrooms with a little garlic, and when most of the liquid is cooked off stir in the spinach until it is wilted. Add a little water to deglaze the pan, stir in a little cream or half and half, and serve over pasta.

For a Thai-inspired flavor, sautee a little garlic in oil. Stir in equal parts peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar. I usually use about 1 Tbsp of each of these to make a single serving, so 1/4 cup each would be good for 4 people. You could probably cut down on the honey if you wanted and it would still be good. Mix with steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, snow peas, red peppers) and serve over rice or noodles.

Sorry I don't have specific recipes, I tend to just throw stuff together and it seems to turn out okay.

thelio 09-23-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadra24 (Post 1771632)
I add lots of veggies to pasta, and rarely miss the meat. My favorite these days is chopped kale and red peppers sauteed with some garlic in olive oil. When the veggies are almost done add a can (drained) of white beans or garbanzos, heat through, and stir in cooked rotini pasta. Season with salt and pepper and top with crumbled feta or parmesan cheese. I usually use a one bunch of kale, two red peppers, and about two cups uncooked pasta and it makes about four servings. This is also good with halved cherry tomatoes instead of red peppers.

Spinach, onion and mushrooms are also good sauteed and mixed with pasta. Sautee the onion and mushrooms with a little garlic, and when most of the liquid is cooked off stir in the spinach until it is wilted. Add a little water to deglaze the pan, stir in a little cream or half and half, and serve over pasta.

For a Thai-inspired flavor, sautee a little garlic in oil. Stir in equal parts peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar. I usually use about 1 Tbsp of each of these to make a single serving, so 1/4 cup each would be good for 4 people. You could probably cut down on the honey if you wanted and it would still be good. Mix with steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, snow peas, red peppers) and serve over rice or noodles.

Sorry I don't have specific recipes, I tend to just throw stuff together and it seems to turn out okay.

That one sounds yummy! I'm going to try that one this weekend!

SparklyCurls 09-25-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flower princess (Post 1771318)
It would be really nice if you could share some of the recipes.Like the veggie chilly,lasagna thelio and some of the indian recipes-stir and fry SparklyCurls.By the way thanks for responding!

GOOGLE: vegetarian indian recipes - or meatless stir-fry's ... that's what I do.

tbabyy 09-25-2011 09:47 AM

I just made a broccoli and cheese casserole last night. It's a vegetarian recipe not vegan. Very simple. I don't like tofu or many different veggies which is very weird for a vegetarian lol but I do what I can. Try AllRecipes.com they have a section just for vegetarian recipes. That's where I got the recipe for the broccoli n cheese casserole. HTH!!!

I'm on my Evo, yo!

goldy 11-16-2011 12:43 PM

We had a thread in here years ago with veggie recipes. I'll look for it & bump it for you.

Flower princess 11-16-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadra24 (Post 1771632)
I add lots of veggies to pasta, and rarely miss the meat. My favorite these days is chopped kale and red peppers sauteed with some garlic in olive oil. When the veggies are almost done add a can (drained) of white beans or garbanzos, heat through, and stir in cooked rotini pasta. Season with salt and pepper and top with crumbled feta or parmesan cheese. I usually use a one bunch of kale, two red peppers, and about two cups uncooked pasta and it makes about four servings. This is also good with halved cherry tomatoes instead of red peppers.

Spinach, onion and mushrooms are also good sauteed and mixed with pasta. Sautee the onion and mushrooms with a little garlic, and when most of the liquid is cooked off stir in the spinach until it is wilted. Add a little water to deglaze the pan, stir in a little cream or half and half, and serve over pasta.

For a Thai-inspired flavor, sautee a little garlic in oil. Stir in equal parts peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar. I usually use about 1 Tbsp of each of these to make a single serving, so 1/4 cup each would be good for 4 people. You could probably cut down on the honey if you wanted and it would still be good. Mix with steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, snow peas, red peppers) and serve over rice or noodles.

Sorry I don't have specific recipes, I tend to just throw stuff together and it seems to turn out okay.

Thanks thelio and nadra24 i'll have to start trying these yummy recipes :)

Flower princess 11-16-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbabyy (Post 1773265)
I just made a broccoli and cheese casserole last night. It's a vegetarian recipe not vegan. Very simple. I don't like tofu or many different veggies which is very weird for a vegetarian lol but I do what I can. Try AllRecipes.com they have a section just for vegetarian recipes. That's where I got the recipe for the broccoli n cheese casserole. HTH!!!

I'm on my Evo, yo!

Ok i'll check it out.Did it taste good?And since you are a vegetarian but don't like veggies what do you usually eat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldy (Post 1812921)
We had a thread in here years ago with veggie recipes. I'll look for it & bump it for you.

ok :icon_smile:

tbabyy 11-16-2011 07:50 PM

It was very good!!! And I usually eat like broccoli, mushrooms, hot peppers, etc....the only thing I really don't like are tomatoes and onions. So its usually not hard to get around. I also eat a lot of spinach.

"My Evo thinks its smarter than me."

Flower princess 11-17-2011 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbabyy (Post 1813285)
It was very good!!! And I usually eat like broccoli, mushrooms, hot peppers, etc....the only thing I really don't like are tomatoes and onions. So its usually not hard to get around. I also eat a lot of spinach.

"My Evo thinks its smarter than me."

Oh ok, thanks for the info.

fetus 11-17-2011 11:24 PM

I have an awesome tomato and okra gumbo recipe somewhere I'll post later.

I like to stir fry bell peppers, onions, green onions, carrots, broccoli, asparagus, and other things I'm probably forgetting and mix it with brown rice and lean ground turkey (which you can just leave out; I just eat it for the protein boost), then season it with Bragg Liquid Aminos.

I like this recipe too.
Hungry Vegan: The Great American UnTuna Salad</center
It's like tuna salad but with chick peas. Tastes a lot better, IMO.

Flower princess 11-18-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fetus (Post 1814284)
I have an awesome tomato and okra gumbo recipe somewhere I'll post later.

I like to stir fry bell peppers, onions, green onions, carrots, broccoli, asparagus, and other things I'm probably forgetting and mix it with brown rice and lean ground turkey (which you can just leave out; I just eat it for the protein boost), then season it with Bragg Liquid Aminos.

I like this recipe too.
Hungry Vegan: The Great American UnTuna Salad</center
It's like tuna salad but with chick peas. Tastes a lot better, IMO.

Ok thanks a bunch!

Hropkey 11-21-2011 01:59 AM

hipsterfood.tumblr.com, despite the name, has fantastic recipes.

Flower princess 11-24-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldy (Post 1812921)
We had a thread in here years ago with veggie recipes. I'll look for it & bump it for you.

Thanks! Here is the link ladies :http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...recipes-2.html

Thanks for the site Hropkey.

I'm waiting for Christmas vacations to have time and try some of these recipes :)

RainyDays 01-03-2012 08:28 AM

The first one I'm going to share is the one I'm eating right now, yum.
It's vegan and even raw if you want it.

Quick Vegan Zucchini Pasta
Take one zucchini and slice it into thin strips. I use my slicing knife. I put it in a pot and warm it up so it's about body temperature.
For the sauce I take some dried tomatoes in olive oil chop them into small dice, press one clove of garlic through the garlic press and add some chopped basil leaves.

That's it. You can make more sauce by making a puree of skinned tomatoes.

My Everyday Green Juice:
Throw into your juicer...
-1 apple
-1 pear
-1/2 cucumber
-some parsley
-a handful of spinach
-two carrots (only if I have them)

This juice will turn green but taste real sweet. I'm addicted to it. I never thought something green could taste so great. It's a mood lifter too.

Flower princess 01-04-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainyDays (Post 1848955)
The first one I'm going to share is the one I'm eating right now, yum.
It's vegan and even raw if you want it.

Quick Vegan Zucchini Pasta
Take one zucchini and slice it into thin strips. I use my slicing knife. I put it in a pot and warm it up so it's about body temperature.
For the sauce I take some dried tomatoes in olive oil chop them into small dice, press one clove of garlic through the garlic press and add some chopped basil leaves.

That's it. You can make more sauce by making a puree of skinned tomatoes.

My Everyday Green Juice:
Throw into your juicer...
-1 apple
-1 pear
-1/2 cucumber
-some parsley
-a handful of spinach
-two carrots (only if I have them)

This juice will turn green but taste real sweet. I'm addicted to it. I never thought something green could taste so great. It's a mood lifter too.

Thanks for the recipe.I've tried zucchini past before, but doesn't taste much like pasta to me.LOL.But i'll give it another chance.I must try that Green Juice thing i use to make some but have stopped for some time.I don't have a juicer do you think a blender will work?(I'll probably need to strain it and add some liquid though).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com