For my first Christmas home in 4 YEARS I want to do a bunch of baking. Would love to hear your must make/favorite recipes for the holidays!
Thansk a bunch, CC http://gallery.lifetimemoments.com/d...4_1_-thumb.png
Toffee Crunch Chocolate Bars
Four layers of delight in every bite. A buttery base, creamy caramel, chocolate and crunchy Skor® Toffee Bits
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: about 4 dozen cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 375 mL
3/4 cup packed brown sugar 175 mL
3/4 cup butter 175 mL
1 can sweetened condensed milk 300 mL
2 tbsp butter 30 mL
1 1/2 cups Chipits® Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate Chips 375 mL
1 pkg Chipits® Skor® Toffee Bits 200 g
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 13” x 9" (33 x 23 cm) cake pan.
2. Base: Combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light golden.
3. Topping: Heat sweetened condensed milk and butter in heavy saucepan over medium-low heat stirring constantly, for 5-10 minutes, or until thickened. Spread over baked base. Bake 12-15 minutes longer, or until golden.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top. Return to oven and bake 2-3 minutes longer, or until chocolate is soft and shiny. Remove from oven. Spread chocolate evenly. Sprinkle Skor® Toffee Bits on top, pressing lightly into chocolate. Cool completely. If neessary chill to set chocolate before cutting into bars.
I'm usually in Sweden to do my Christmas baking, so I usually make 'Pepparkakor' (swedish gingerbread - both regular and white), and 'Lussekatter', which is a type of yummy sweet roll, made with or w/o saffran (I like them better with saffran). I'll try to dig up the recipes and post them if anyone is interested. :)
Almond Joy Chocolate Balls
2 (16-ounce) boxes confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
1 (14-ounce) package shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
1/2 bar paraffin
Cream together sugar and butter in a bowl; add milk. Stir in almond, coconut, and nuts; mix well. Form candy into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Melt paraffin and chocolate in top of double boiler, stirring well. Remove from heat but allow chocolate to remain over hot water. (If chocolate becomes too thick, return to heat for a minute or so to thin). With a toothpick, dip each ball in chocolate and place on waxed paper until set.
Marbled Peanut Butter Brownies
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
• 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup REESE'S Creamy or REESE'S Crunchy Peanut Butter
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 4 eggs
• 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
• 2 packages (3-oz. each) cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
• 1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips or 1 cup HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Prepare PEANUT BUTTER FILLING by beating cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg and milk.
Melt butter in large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH (100%) 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in remaining 2 cups sugar and vanilla. Add remaining 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Stir in chocolate chips.
Remove 1 cup batter; set aside. Pour remaining batter into prepared pan. Spread PEANUT BUTTER FILLING over surface. Drop reserved chocolate batter by teaspoons over filling. Using knife, gently swirl through top layers for marbled effect.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 36 brownies.
I wanted to bump this thread! I need ideas on what to bake for Christmas!
Thanks for bumping... and can I say as a guide it is SO NICE to be able to come here and for a change NOT have to delete SPAM!!!!
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:03 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com