Please Review Your Stylist

Administrator
Michelle's Avatar
Join Date: May 1999
It's the holiday season, and people are looking for good stylists. If you haven't already, please review your stylist - whether the review is good or not so good. And yes we do post negative reviews.

Michelle
NaturallyCurly.com
Michelle
co-founder
NaturallyCurly.com
Question: When we do a review, are we allowed to submit another review for the same salon again later? Like a follow-up when we go again? TIA

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
this is great! Please review. I have yet to find a stylist in connecticut.

I really ..r eally need a cut .. p lus some help with relaxing my curls...
I'd like to post a review but when I click the link it takes me to an "access denied" page. Fixy plz?
3A-3B, Bra-strap length

HGs:
-Hask Pure Shine Suddenly Straight (It's like silicone without, you know, the silicone)
-Elasta QP Feels Like Silk Liquid Styling Gel
I have found a fabulous stylist in Madison, WI. His name is Anthony Santini and he is a co-owner of the Hybrid Salon. He really knows how to work with curly hair and I walk out of there every time with a great and manageable haircut.
Finally, I was able locate a Deva stylist in the Tri City Area of Northern CA. Once I located her it took me about a month to get an appointment.
Lisa is great. She is bubbly and detailed, has a curly hair of head herself and she did every step of the curlygirl method.

The Salon is small, which is nice. You are not dealing with all the other disturbances that typically go on in larger salons so you really get to know each other. She carries the entire Deva product line AND uses it on your hair while explaining each step.
She charges $85 which in this economy could be alot, but she also recommends you have your hair trimmed only 4 months. It averages out if you pay $55 per every 8 week cut. She is also very generous and threw in a product for me.

My next appointment is set and I can't wait to go back!
No more hair drama!
hi lisa!
you should add this review to the curlsalons section!
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
definitely post it in CurlSalon so others can see.

Aileen
Thank you naturallycurly.com for posting the wonderful testemonials on my work over the past 2 years.

I am now working at Devachan White Plains.

I look forward to all the wonderful curlygirls seeking their perfect look.

Lois Stoeffhaas
Senior Colorist for Devachan White Plains, NY 10601
Hello,
What is the average rate for treatment and cut at deva?
3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
hair seems to be moody.
Does not seem to like oils
Does not like protein or too much?
Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
I had one great experience with Lisa Calhoune inMoraga, CA. When I called back for another appt. and told her I had used a colored shine booster and colored it myself over the summer to "fix" she told me she wouldn't ever color my hair again. Also when I toldher I had trimmed my hair (she wanted $85) and it was great...she said she was so angry at me for coloring and trimming my own hair that she "had to think" about ever doing my hair again. This woman is nuts!! I wouldn't let her touch my hair ever again. Ever heard of such a thing? I have since trimmed my hair myself and friend say it looks great! I cut it dry. Still would like to find a good stylist near Walnut Creek,CA reasonably priced.
See my post about my second time trying to see Lisa. Be careful you don't do anything yourself before you see her again. It was a Jeckll/Hyde thing with her.
Originally Posted by kchand
I've never heard of such a thing!! That really is strange. Why would a stylist care that much if you did it yourself?
Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
I had my first Deva Cut with Bryan, one of the owners of Groove Salon, downtown San Francisco. Bryan did a fabulous job cutting my hair (dry of course), stying it and educating me about how to do my hair. Not only is the salon gorgeous, but the staff is super nice and helpful. I had a great experience.

Okay, the cost was out of this world at $120, but no more that the other chichi salon I went to previously (not for a curly cut, tho).

I would totally recommend going there.
2a with 3a mixed in. Fine, thin hair; straight at crown for 2 inches, then curl. Clips are my friend or I'd have no volume on top. Currently using DevaCurl line. Also love aloe vera gel and KCCC. CG since Feb 2010. First Deva Cut April 2, 2010.
My Favorite Stylist in Toronto is Karlene Valentine! She is the best Curly Hair Expert I have met. Giver her a call, and you won't be dissapointed: 416-543-6788!
My favorite is Amy Bush, she is in Columbus Ohio, she is the first "curl expert" I have been to. She is amazing, and I would never settle for an ok cut again. And she uses these amazing products by Eufora, they did wonders for my hair.
please remember to start NEW TOPIC thread here to review your stylist, and add the geographical area in which your stylist works in the subject line. This will really help those who are in your area who need a good cut for curls.

And be specific in your review (ie, maybe a price range, how long, how to make an appt, a website link if your stylist has a page, etc). What technique they use (wet cut, dry but, both, carve and slice, Devacut) and how they style (blow-drying, diffuser, bonnet dryer, finger curling, rake and shake, twists, etc). If they color nicely. The more detail, the better for future clients.

And never underestimate the power of a picture. Post your "freshly cut and styled hair" on here for people to see how well a job your stylist did. Why not? Wouldn't you want to see if you were looking for a referral?

We have so many folks here, but I don't think there are enough reviews to help fellow curlies.
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
Looks likes no one has posted in a while.

I am actually looking for a stylist, asap. I would like to try someone else as I was not " wowed"

Salon: Jo Bruno
Where: New Haven, CT
Stylist: Luvena
service: cut , wash and style

The cut was a deva cut. I got two cuts by her. The second time around, she left a few places uneven. I inquired about color, specificly highlights - she advised permanent highlights. I thought that was odd, considering my hair is really dry and porous. She said it wouldn't matter and that it would be fine on my hair. I used to dye my hair and it was always semi, even semi was really dry on my locks. Its been 3 years clean of dyes, not looking to go back but something that would help with my 5 - 10 percent gray locks.

BTW, she is very friendly, and nice. The overall feel of the salon is chic yet quaint. Its a nice place. Luvena seems to be the one that handles ethnic hair. Though, I have only gotten my hair done with her, can't comment on the other stylists.

Hope this has helped -

ciao for now.
3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
hair seems to be moody.
Does not seem to like oils
Does not like protein or too much?
Does not like rich products

Could someone in the Columbus Ohio area please tell me the the new contact information for the hairstylist Amy Bush? Apparently she just opened a new salon called Ambush, but I can't find her new number and address and I really would like to give her a try based on feedback from some of her clients.

Thanks!
I met the absolute best thing that has ever happened to my hair....Marie Sansom, Curly Cutz by Marie, at New Images Salon in Georgetown,TX. She cut my hair a few months ago and at first I was a little skeptical and then after a few days and the new cowashing system I am sold! My haircut was fabulous and everyone loves the way my hair looks! Only wish I could have found Marie sooner! I have fought these curls for years and now, finally, for once, I love my hair thanks to Marie!