Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > Straightening/relaxing

Old 11-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #1

LadyLibra1982's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2004
Send a message via AIM to LadyLibra1982 Send a message via Yahoo to LadyLibra1982
Default Aveda's Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade Review

here is my review of yet another product that promises to keep your hair frizz-free. :P

it does a better job keeping my hair from recoiling than every other product i've used so far. however, it's no miracle product - the one day the humidity was up, i walked outside to take out the trash, and in 15 seconds i had major frizz. i will say that i didn't use very much though... i was afraid too much of it would make my hair feel greasy. so next time i'll use more and see if that helps or not.

as it is, i give it a 7 out of 10. it's a little pricey, but smells great and is light (not sticky-greasy like most pomades).
Lady Libra
3c/4a???
i stick with the description "OS thready thick"

my curly fro now is at collarbone when straightened.... basically the length i had when i started transitioning! hooray for growth!!! =)
LadyLibra1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #2

Join Date: Nov 2006
Send a message via Yahoo to curlseverywhere

Just curious as to why you are using the anti-humectant instead of the Humectant Pomade. A friend of mine works for Aveda and told me that curly hair actually needs mosture and that the humectant pomade is the way to go!!

Just thought you might want to now - I use it and it works brillantly, though I tend to use it on top of mousse because it does'nt give a strong enough hold for me - but it softens out the crunchy mousse feel and adds shine! Maybe get a sample size?

Its become my ultimate HG, as long as I have some of this I can use any gel or mousse
3c
curlseverywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #3

LadyLibra1982's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2004

oh, the humectant is great too. but i use the anti-humectant for when i straighten my hair... otherwise my hair will suck the moisture out of the air and frizz up (trying to recoil/recurl).

hope that clarifies what i meant
Lady Libra
3c/4a???
i stick with the description "OS thready thick"

LadyLibra1982 is offline   Reply With Quote