Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > Straightening/relaxing

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Default CG method flat ironing

Hey ladies just wondering if anyone can suggest a good silicone free heat protectant

Thanks!

~Larissa

Follow me on twitter @erebdyhatesris

I'll follow back
I want some curly friends & hair talk on twitter :-D
3Cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
 
Rimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,190
Default

Is there such thing?? Jane Carter Solution has a spray on leave-in that can be used as a heat protectant, but I believe it's only for light heat:

http://www.janecartersolution.com/Re...ioner-8oz.html
__________________
19 y/o lifelong natural {4a-OS;spongy;porous;coarse;normal-dense;layered, BSL-MBL stretched}


{products i love and use}
under construction

Visit my Blog
Follow me on Twittah!

CG-friendly Products List!!
Rimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
 
Johari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 664
Default

I think they all have cones so try a liquid spray like tresseme but idk the ingredients

@}~'~~
Johari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 427
Default

Honestly, I think silicones are the best for preventing heat damage. Some people use oils like grapeseed as a protectant but I read somewhere that despite the high smoke point of some oils, they increase the drag (or something like that) of the flat iron which results in unexpected damage.

I hope someone has a more satisfying answer though. I haven't put a flat iron in my hair in a good while, so I am probably wrong anyways...

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlTalk App
__________________
last relaxer 08/08/09
all natural since 7/30/10


Shrinkage happens.
forbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cme View Post
Hey ladies just wondering if anyone can suggest a good silicone free heat protectant

Thanks!

~Larissa

Follow me on twitter @erebdyhatesris

I'll follow back
I want some curly friends & hair talk on twitter :-D
i saw on sally's website a CG friendly moose its silicone and alcohol free its called Beyond the Zone Heat Protection Mousse
Here are the ingredients:
WATER ,POLYQUATERNIUM-46 ,PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ,HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN ,PANTHENYL ETHYL ETHER ,VP/VA COPOLYMER ,COCOTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE ,PHYTANTRIOL ,PEG-8 ,CITRIC ACID ,METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE ,IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE ,TRISODIUM EDTA ,FRAGRANCE ,CITRAL ,LIMONENE ,LINALOOL
__________________
Lo-poorganix Shea butter shampoo
Co-wash: suave coconut
Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
Serum-like product: still need one
Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
Mcfrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
 
Rimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbee View Post
Honestly, I think silicones are the best for preventing heat damage. Some people use oils like grapeseed as a protectant but I read somewhere that despite the high smoke point of some oils, they increase the drag (or something like that) of the flat iron which results in unexpected damage.

I hope someone has a more satisfying answer though. I haven't put a flat iron in my hair in a good while, so I am probably wrong anyways...

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlTalk App
I've heard this as well
__________________
19 y/o lifelong natural {4a-OS;spongy;porous;coarse;normal-dense;layered, BSL-MBL stretched}


{products i love and use}
under construction

Visit my Blog
Follow me on Twittah!

CG-friendly Products List!!
Rimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #7
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Thank you!! I'll check that out!


~Larissa

Follow me on twitter @erebdyhatesris

I'll follow back
I want some curly friends & hair talk on twitter :-D
3Cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
 
Rimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cme View Post
Thank you!! I'll check that out!


~Larissa

Follow me on twitter @erebdyhatesris

I'll follow back
I want some curly friends & hair talk on twitter :-D
Update! Was just at Target and saw that Shea moisture has a heat protectant! I'm not sure of all of the criteria that goes into something being CG, but there are no 'cones!
__________________
19 y/o lifelong natural {4a-OS;spongy;porous;coarse;normal-dense;layered, BSL-MBL stretched}


{products i love and use}
under construction

Visit my Blog
Follow me on Twittah!

CG-friendly Products List!!
Rimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Actually silicones are best to prevent heat damage
they have a high specific heat so load up on silicones when you flat iron
cjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #10
 
Rimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson View Post
Actually silicones are best to prevent heat damage
they have a high specific heat so load up on silicones when you flat iron
Yeah, this is why idk why Shea moisture, Carol's daughter and Jane carter have heat Protestants with no 'cones? I wonder how effective they can really be...
__________________
19 y/o lifelong natural {4a-OS;spongy;porous;coarse;normal-dense;layered, BSL-MBL stretched}


{products i love and use}
under construction

Visit my Blog
Follow me on Twittah!

CG-friendly Products List!!
Rimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com