Swapper Complaints Thread (aka: BAD swaps!)

Like Tree18Likes

I gave away some products about a month ago, and all I was asking was reimbursement for S&H. I got stiffed. So, I won't be giving away freebies in the future on this board.
Originally Posted by teachermrw
how were you supposed to be paid? you should have had them paypal you and only shipped after you saw the money in your account.
Originally Posted by PrivateJoy
You should post their names on here!!!! SHAME on them!!! You can't be too trusting with people, always assume the worst. Don't let them get away with it and set up your paypal acct.
Originally Posted by wavysue
I didn't have a Pay Pal account at the time, but, more important, I went on the person's word. But, thank you for the empathy.
Your hair is your most important accessory.
______________________________________
The Big Chop performed on 1/15/2011!!!


I won't be swapping with Curly Jammy based on what you've said. It sounds like you were very reasonable in your expectations. Sorry you had such a bad experience.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I just had a crappy experience with Reeky.

Since her computer is "wacky," I had to communicate with her through email. She took too long to respond to the emails I sent her (which were emails just asking questions about the product(s) and trying to get the shipping information). She gave a specific time for which she would reply to me with the shipping info., which was supposed to be the next day, but what actually turned out to be almost a week later. And her excuse was that her phone had too many emails coming in daily and she confused my name with the name of a company she subscribed to. Okay, you shouldn't give someone a specific date in which you're going to reply to them with info. on a product they're purchasing from you (not swapping) and have them just waiting if you're not sure you'd be able to commit to that date.

I'm not even going to continue the transaction. It's not worth it. I wouldn't recommend her, because this isn't the first time she's taken too long to respond to messages I've sent her about a purchase/swap (if she responded at all).

Lmao goodbye girl! This is the swapper complaints forum.. we never swapped!! How do you get mad after someone apologizes? Lets mention how homegurl wanted me to basically give her my things for free and she only pay for shipping, gtfoh!

Im sooo sorry I have a life outside of the naturallycurly.com swap boards

Ive never had a complaint before.. & this one does not even count because, there was no swap! Or no money exchanged.. thank god
dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)

Lmao goodbye girl! This is the swapper complaints forum.. we never swapped!! How do you get mad after someone apologizes? Lets mention how homegurl wanted me to basically give her my things for free and she only pay for shipping, gtfoh!

Im sooo sorry I have a life outside of the naturallycurly.com swap boards

Ive never had a complaint before.. & this one does not even count because, there was no swap! Or no money exchanged.. thank god
Originally Posted by Reeky
Yes, this is the "swapper complaints" forum, not the "swap complaints" forum. There's a difference.

And yes, you may have "apologized" for your lateness, but that doesn't excuse the fact that you were late and that I was dissatisfied with your conduct/the transaction.

And I never asked you to give me the things for free. I never asked that once. In the email I sent you a week before you actually replied, I asked for the total price, and in your response email, all you gave me was a random price that couldn't have been the total, which was what I asked for. So I asked to confirm the total price. That's not asking for the products for free, as I was more than willing to buy the items if you had treated the transaction appropriately, which anyone could have easily told from my emails.

And no, you may not have been mentioned in this forum before, but you also aren't mentioned in the Recommendations forum at all, which I'm mentioned in quite a few times.

And by the way you're conducting yourself on here in response to my post, I'm sure many people no longer wonder why I'm dissatisfied with your conduct. Like DEL2C said, swapping is a business transaction, and it should be treated like one.


Last edited by J.S.M.; 09-16-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Lmao goodbye girl! This is the swapper complaints forum.. we never swapped!! How do you get mad after someone apologizes? Lets mention how homegurl wanted me to basically give her my things for free and she only pay for shipping, gtfoh!

Im sooo sorry I have a life outside of the naturallycurly.com swap boards

Ive never had a complaint before.. & this one does not even count because, there was no swap! Or no money exchanged.. thank god
Originally Posted by Reeky


Oh no for free???
HAIR/BODY/HEALTH CREED:
!!!FREE FROM GMO FROM HEAD TO TOE!!!

Hair Type 4a/4b


Like DEL2C said, swapping is a business transaction, and it should be treated like one
Yeppers.... Just because there isn't money exchanged doesn't justify not communicating with your buyers/sellers. I doubt very much that SummerRuby wanted anything for free, she's had numerous swapper rec's including one from me. She handled herself like a business person and that's the way it needs to be. Period.
I have run out of patience with the swap board. I'm so sick of people not replying to my PM's & not updating their posts when things are sold. It's more trouble then it's worth. I see why so many avoid it. Still the recommendations are updated frequently so at least it's still working for a lot of you.
2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE
Love all SS products
Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
AG MousseGel
BRHG
Like DEL2C said, swapping is a business transaction, and it should be treated like one
Yeppers.... Just because there isn't money exchanged doesn't justify not communicating with your buyers/sellers. I doubt very much that SummerRuby wanted anything for free, she's had numerous swapper rec's including one from me. She handled herself like a business person and that's the way it needs to be. Period.
Originally Posted by DEL2C

welp, ive done over ten swaps in the past few months and theyve all been pleasant and easy.. I explained to her what the deal was.. she still chose to get pissy about it. Oh well. And about the "free" statement, after I finally communicated with her and told her how much shipping would be she asked was that (the shipping) the final price and when I said of course not.. she said she wasnt interested. Sooo because I took long to respond im supposed to just give you the things? no. goodbye!

She does not have to worry about swapping with me and anyone else who has anything to say on the subject does not either. You guys can continue to have happy happy joyful swaps with each other, simple as that! Now quit speaking up on it and leave my name out your negative posts. Youve been "warned" about me.. thats fine, dont swap with Reeky! Not bothering me, I actually had a successful swap this weekend Good day!
I don't see your name on the Swap Rec list Reeky? Maybe you ought to post some of those swaps to clear your name eh?

Last edited by wavysue; 10-07-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Reeky, why are you so rude? A little respect in your posts goes along way toward getting some back. I doubt anyone would want to swap with you if that's the way you express yourself. I might be inclined to agree with your point of view but your attitude totally puts me off.
It also sounds like maybe Ruby just thought that your shipping was too high on its own if she said no thank you when you quoted shipping and hadn't added the product price in. You might want to reconsider how much you're quoting people for that too. If you still get people willing to swap with you, that is - I don't see any recommendations for you in the positive recommendations thread.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I don't see your name on the Swap Rec list Reeky? Maybe you ought to post some of those swaps to clear your name eh?
Originally Posted by wavysue
[no hostility at all towards you] but that would require me to go through my paypal history and email those people asking their screen names since ive cleared most of the conversations in my PM's.. & honestly, im not sure if I care that much LoL.. because I know what the real deal is, & like I said it hasnt affected me beyond this thread! I may eventually..

Off the top of my head, my last swap was great with Coilynapp. Essence & wendi.wendy are two ive swapped with in the past.. & ive swapped numerous times with Imsolexy.. but some things just go without saying.


Reeky, why are you so rude? A little respect in your posts goes along way toward getting some back. I doubt anyone would want to swap with you if that's the way you express yourself. I might be inclined to agree with your point of view but your attitude totally puts me off.
It also sounds like maybe Ruby just thought that your shipping was too high on its own if she said no thank you when you quoted shipping and hadn't added the product price in. You might want to reconsider how much you're quoting people for that too. If you still get people willing to swap with you, that is - I don't see any recommendations for you in the positive recommendations thread.
Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs
Im just so confused, how did I offend you? I dont recall mentioning your name? I dont recall asking for respect either, I asked to be left out of the negativity. All I said was that if anyone felt I was wrong from what they got out of the scenario.. note it, dont swap with me, and go about your business. Yet and still its being discussed, even worse.. by people who werent involved. That, is branching out into drama.. that is what I do not want. Ruby can come in here and defend her name all she wants, as she should. But her point has been made, weeks ago.. move on.
I dont see that as rude, better yet why should I be polite? You all seem to be more bothered by it that me. No, Im not going to come in here being all happy happy joy joy in my responses.. look at the circumstances, & as far as my personality goes.. I actually censored myself.

Some people on these boards feed on drama and I try my best to stay away from those threads, this is one id like my name out of. The transaction was between two people, the original post was to bring the details about that to light to warn the rest (about me).. im cool with that at this point because like ive said over and over, its not affecting me negatively as far as swapping goes & I know the real deal. BUT, extra commentary is not needed.. just prolonging the drama and negativity, its irritating.

& if $4.95 is too high, product included or not.. I dont want to know what cheap is.
I have posted some positivity in the good swaps thread. I did swap with Reeky with no complaints whatsoever.
I am so sorry for not posting my experiences with Reeky in the positive swaps thread!! Please forgive me for that, she is one of the first people that I purchased from on here and I did not post my experience, although I usually pm her and let her know all is well.

I have had three swaps (Oyin, KBN, and KBB) with Reeky and they all went smoothly and my items were shipped fast, were as described and she had good communication. I will go and post this in the positive thread too.
I don't see your name on the Swap Rec list Reeky? Maybe you ought to post some of those swaps to clear your name eh?
Originally Posted by wavysue
[no hostility at all towards you] but that would require me to go through my paypal history and email those people asking their screen names since ive cleared most of the conversations in my PM's.. & honestly, im not sure if I care that much LoL.. because I know what the real deal is, & like I said it hasnt affected me beyond this thread! I may eventually..

Off the top of my head, my last swap was great with Coilynapp. Essence & wendi.wendy are two ive swapped with in the past.. & ive swapped numerous times with Imsolexy.. but some things just go without saying.


Reeky, why are you so rude? A little respect in your posts goes along way toward getting some back. I doubt anyone would want to swap with you if that's the way you express yourself. I might be inclined to agree with your point of view but your attitude totally puts me off.
It also sounds like maybe Ruby just thought that your shipping was too high on its own if she said no thank you when you quoted shipping and hadn't added the product price in. You might want to reconsider how much you're quoting people for that too. If you still get people willing to swap with you, that is - I don't see any recommendations for you in the positive recommendations thread.
Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs
Im just so confused, how did I offend you? I dont recall mentioning your name? I dont recall asking for respect either, I asked to be left out of the negativity. All I said was that if anyone felt I was wrong from what they got out of the scenario.. note it, dont swap with me, and go about your business. Yet and still its being discussed, even worse.. by people who werent involved. That, is branching out into drama.. that is what I do not want. Ruby can come in here and defend her name all she wants, as she should. But her point has been made, weeks ago.. move on.
I dont see that as rude, better yet why should I be polite? You all seem to be more bothered by it that me. No, Im not going to come in here being all happy happy joy joy in my responses.. look at the circumstances, & as far as my personality goes.. I actually censored myself.

Some people on these boards feed on drama and I try my best to stay away from those threads, this is one id like my name out of. The transaction was between two people, the original post was to bring the details about that to light to warn the rest (about me).. im cool with that at this point because like ive said over and over, its not affecting me negatively as far as swapping goes & I know the real deal. BUT, extra commentary is not needed.. just prolonging the drama and negativity, its irritating.

& if $4.95 is too high, product included or not.. I dont want to know what cheap is.
Originally Posted by Reeky
Yeah I'm REALLY confused (sarcasm) about why ppl are commenting who aren't involved. The gang up mentality on NC is at an all time high (I mean low).
Actually, I had a legit question: what purpose does it serve to be so rude when you can get better results being polite and expressing yourself clearly and, well, not rudely?
I actually said, I was inclined to agree with you, Reeky. And I was. But the tone of your message put me off. So what I was saying is, perhaps there were other people who were also inclined to agree with you, but after reading the tone of your mesage, which you agreed was rude, they changed their mind.
My intention wasn't to gang up on you. It was to let you know what I've just said, and wonder why you came out of the gate so rude, no middle ground, just rude. I understand if its part of your personality to be blunt, alot of people (myself included) are like that, but I try to curb it if I want people to take me positively/seriously. Doesn't mean I always succeed, but I try. That's all I'm saying.
And for clarity's sake, I was referring to your initial post, not subsequent posts, when I asked why you had been so rude.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
This might turn out to be a book but bear with me. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt however I feel the need to report this unethical behavior. During the summer I sold a product to SummerRuby. After about a week or two after the sale, she reported to me that she didn't get the product. I thought that odd because I noticed the day before that the product I sold to her she placed on the swap board--same product and both 85% full. And I noticed that the day she contacted me for the refund she deleted her selling post so that you could no longer see what she was selling. I was very suspicious, however I didn't get a delivery confirmation so I felt I had to take her for her word and I refunded her money within minutes of getting her message.

A little bit later she contacted me about some glycerine I had for swap. I emailed her back and told her that I was not going to send anything more to her address due to the "lost item". I also had this glycerine and other products for swap on CurlyNikki. Another girl contacted about some items and long story short it felt like the person played bait and switch with me until I finally did a swap with her for the glycerine. The swap was ultimately okay, but again I was a little annoyed that I kind of got the run around, but I was like whatever.

A few days ago SummerRuby contacted me again about the J&B I had on the board and I again told her that I wasn't sending anything to her address (trying to be polite). She sent an icon message that showed her disappointment and I assumed that it had ended. This morning I got a message on the CurlyNikki board about swapping my conditioner for a person's shampoo. This person goes by Jaz7891. Long story short, she decides she no longer wants do the swap but she noticed I posted the J&B on another site and she would like to swap for the J&B instead. Again I felt like she was playing bait and switch with me. I even commented to a friend that I thought SummerRuby and Jaz were in cahoots together because they were both odd transactions and they were both interested ultimately in the same products. I decided to sell to Jaz and the email address I get from paypal is from SummerRuby.

She knowingly tried to fool me into doing a transaction with her twice even though she knew I did not wish to do any more business with her. I feel this is very unethical and felt I needed to let someone know. I do not know if she ever got my original item and lied about it or not, however I do know she has tried to play me at least twice and I thought the swap community should know about it. Please beware.

Last edited by cora; 10-17-2010 at 12:31 PM.
This might turn out to be a book but bear with me. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt however I feel the need to report this unethical behavior. During the summer I sold a product to SummerRuby. After about a week or two after the sale, she reported to me that she didn't get the product. I thought that odd because I noticed the day before that the product I sold to her she placed on the swap board--same product and both 85% full. And I noticed that the day she contacted me for the refund she deleted her selling post so that you could no longer see what she was selling. I was very suspicious, however I didn't get a delivery confirmation so I felt I had to take her for her word and I refunded her money within minutes of getting her message.

A little bit later she contacted me about some glycerine I had for swap. I emailed her back and told her that I was not going to send anything more to her address due to the "lost item". I also had this glycerine and other products for swap on CurlyNikki. Another girl contacted about some items and long story short it felt like the person played bait and switch with me until I finally did a swap with her for the glycerine. The swap was ultimately okay, but again I was a little annoyed that I kind of got the run around, but I was like whatever.

A few days ago SummerRuby contacted me again about the J&B I had on the board and I again told her that I wasn't sending anything to her address (trying to be polite). She sent an icon message that showed her disappointment and I assumed that it had ended. This morning I got a message on the CurlyNikki board about swapping my conditioner for a person's shampoo. This person goes by Jaz7891. Long story short, she decides she no longer wants do the swap but she noticed I posted the J&B on another site and she would like to swap for the J&B instead. Again I felt like she was playing bait and switch with me. I even commented to a friend that I thought SummerRuby and Jaz were in cahoots together because they were both odd transactions and they were both interested ultimately in the same products. I decided to sell to Jaz and the email address I get from paypal is from SummerRuby.

She knowingly tried to fool me into doing a transaction with her twice even though she knew I did not wish to do any more business with her. I feel this is very unethical and felt I needed to let someone know. I do not know if she ever got my original item and lied about it or not, however I do know she has tried to play me at least twice and I thought the swap community should know about it. Please beware.
Originally Posted by cora
UH-OH. I'm sorry this happened to you. Quite shady indeed

Could this be the reason why she is no longer accepting PMs?
I did not know she was not accepting PMs, interesting.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com