1. Do you take biotin? yes
If so, for how long, in what amount? Biotin will be a lifelong thing for me. My hair loss is from having lupus. I take 2 Biotin 5000 mcg nightly.
How long before you saw results? hair/skin/nails take forever to respond. I'd give it at least 6 months.
Does it also help keep your skin clear and strengthen your nails? never had an issue with acne. my nails are better but nothing impressive.
2. Do you use MegaTek? If so, how do you apply and how often? no
3. How can you tell if your hair is protein sensitive? Fine hair needs protein, coarse hair needs little protein. Hair can be sensitive to specific types of protein. If that's the case, experimenting is the only way to know. Search the archives for protein sensitivity and you'll find a wealth of info.
4. Are there any oils I can massage in my scalp either on a weekly or nightly basis to stimulate hair regrowth?
Herbal Hair Loss Solutions | eHow.com
5. Any other treatments I didn't think of? Rogaine!!!! It's scientifically proven to help with hair loss. I use the men's rogaine once a day. Great stuff!!! At Target, it's 20$ for 3 month supply.
6. Your own words of advice? find the underlying cause of the hair loss and address that. There's a reason you are losing hair.
Lots of great helpful info here
Hair Loss in Women | LIVESTRONG.COM
7. Hairstyling techniques I should avoid?
any types of weaves, braids, tight ponytails, tight buns, etc anything that puts stress on the scalp/hair is bad
8. Any other vitamins or minerals or herbs that help reverse it? You want to get your vitamins and minerals from whole foods. I supplement with biotin and a B complex, vitamin c, and fish oil
You need to find the underlying cause. Only then will you know if the hair loss can be reversed or not.
9. Do you use shampoo or products with silicone in it? How often do you deep condition?
I don't use cones but don't believe it has anything to do with hair loss. I lost my hair while avoiding cones. My health affects my hair. Sometimes my hair is drier than others and I condition according to my hair's needs.