12-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Join Date: Nov 2008
the best way to do a bun with so much new growth is to do it wet.
1. Detangle hair
2. moisturize hair in sections to help prevent more breakage
3. use a soft bristle brush to manupulate hair into ponytail
4. use a shea butter or whatever product you plan on using to smooth down the flyaways
5. use bobby pins to tuck the ends of hair under forming your bun
6. SLEEP WITH A SILK HEAD TIE TO KEEP YOUR EDGES SMOOTH AND YOUR BUN NEAT.
7. before you tie your hair up the next night glide a moisturizer over that top layer of hair to keep it moist and in shape. you can do this too before you leave the house.
I can usually get about 4-5 days out of my buns. You may have to repin it to keep the bun part neat but it won't look terrible.
for a moisturizer i use a homemade concoction of shea butter, evoo, coconut oil, and honey. it works great and isn't extra oily or greasy, and it leaves my hair really really shiney.
Last edited by TwilightEyes; 12-11-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Reason: added recipe