09-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Join Date: Oct 2011
Natural condish recs for co-wash or RO? And protein free or super low?
I've been CG for a year now, and I'm happy with my 3a curls. But I am always looking to improve the frizz factor, appearance of dryness, softness, and curl pattern/clump situation.
I'm looking for more conditioners (with natural ingredients) to mix up my routine throughout the week. Maybe you have some ideas of what could work for me. The main thing is that I have low-porosity, mostly medium but some fine, protein-sensitive hair with a tendency to frizz and not feel soft. In spite of the frizz, it's pretty shiny.
Currently I have the following conditioners in my shower for summer in Los Angeles:
- Jessicurl Aloeba Daily Conditioner, which is super light and probably better for fine-haired curlies (even though it's protein free)
- Acure lemongrass, which is OK but my hair is not crazy about panthenol I believe
- Desert Essences fragrance free conditioner, OK but not super moisturizing
-Aubrey Organics blue chamomile conditioner, OK but not super moisturizing
- Darcy Botanicals Pumpkinseed conditioner, which I use in winter but I still think is too oil heavy for my hair
- Jessicurl Too Shea!, which is a daily staple of mine
- a couple of DTs, which I can only use on the weekend because I hate my hair that first day after a DT
The Jessicurl line is not chemical/preservative free but isn't so bad and it works for me. I try to use the most natural options for my cowash, though.
For styling I use AOMM or a LI + KCCC. I just ordered a sample of Curly Kinks Coil Jam from KathyMac, plus a couple other jellies to try. My hair doesn't not like gel as far as I can tell!
(Side note: I have some dermatitis issues on my scalp and I find I have to co-wash every day or every other day to help with the junky patches on my scalp. What is helpful I believe is the massaging I do of my scalp when I cowash.)
Any hair twins out there who can help me? Or other knowledgeable folks who could suggest other options?
Sorry for the tome!
3a, fine+med textures; med dens (ii); low porosity; nrml elasticity; frizz; protein sens.
CG since Sept '11
NO sulfates, cones, parabens
Co-wash- Desert Essences Frag Free
Condish- Acure Lemongrass or AO Blue Camomile
Styling- AOMM + KCCC or Alaffia BeautCurls Shea LI+KCCC
Extras- wkly ACV, br sug scrub for scalp issues
scrunch in prods to soaking wet hair (no combing), flour sack dry, clip roots, air dry, SOTC