Show Us Your Favorite Simple Styles - sponsored by Goody
Show Us Your Favorite Simple Styles Contest Rules
OFFICIAL SIMPLE STYLES PICS CONTEST SPONSORED BY GOODY EXCLUSIVELY ON NATURALLYCURLY.COM
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (VOID where prohibited or restricted).
OFFICIAL SIMPLE STYLES PICS CONTEST SPONSORED BY GOODY EXCLUSIVELY ON NATURALLYCURLY.COM begins at 5:00:00 PM Central Standard Time (CST) on 6/21/10 and closes at 11:59:00 PM CST on 7/30/10 .
Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winners' names will be selected randomly by Producer and Sponsor. The Producer of the Sponsorship is NaturallyCurly.com, Inc., located at 3415 Greystone Drive, Suite 300, Austin, Texas 78731. The Official Sponsor is Goody Products, Inc. 3 Glenlake Parkway Atlanta GA, 30328.
ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes you must be a lawful permanent resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the first date of the Entry Period. Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, and where restricted or prohibited by law. The Contest, and any web site pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States. Proof of eligibility, including age and residency, may be required. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Employees of Sponsor and Producer, their advertising and promotion agencies, their respective parent, subsidiary and joint venture companies, or any other entity involved in the development or administration of this Contest (“Released Parties"), as well as members of their immediate families and same households (including children, spouses and siblings and/or others living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not), are not eligible to participate. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or Producer, which are binding and final in all respects. [Sponsor and/or Producer reserve the right to cancel or modify the chance to win one of four giveaway collections [Note: are we doing four, ten-person drawings?] supplied by Sponsor (Newell Rubbermaid in conjunction with Goody) for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors' reasonable control that impairs the integrity of the OFFICIAL SIMPLE STYLES PICS CONTEST SPONSORED BY GOODY EXCLUSIVELY ON NATURALLYCURLY.COM, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
Employees of NaturallyCurly.com, prize providers, advertising and promotional agencies and all other companies involved with this OFFICIAL CURLFORMERS CURLY PICS SPONSORED BY HAIR FLAIR LTD REPRESENTATIVE OF CURLFORMERS are not eligible to enter or win.
HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may enter the Contest by registering at http://www.naturallycurly.com/ simple_styles/contest and by following all online entry instructions, including photo submission as well as short personal excerpt describing your Simple Styles look. Only online entries will be accepted.
Online entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible. Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock of the Contest. Limit one online entry per person or e-mail address. Online entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the sole property of Producer and Sponsor and will not be returned nor with receipt be acknowledged. Personal correspondence, telegrams, letters, e-mail, telephone calls or messenger letters regarding the Contest will not be accepted.
- DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: [Note: see question above about whether it is 1 drawing or 4] Ten (10) winners will be selected at random by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during Contest Entry Period. Sponsor and/or Producer’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility, each person whose name is selected by Sponsor will be declared a Contest winner by Sponsor and Producer. Prize winners will be notified by email within seven (7) business days of the selection. Winners will be required to respond to the notification within fifteen (15) business days and provide contact information, as well as to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Grant of Rights/Publicity Release (void where prohibited) within an indicated time period. Failure of winner to comply with such requirements, including a failure to respond to any notification or to meet Contest eligibility requirements, will result in disqualification and prize forfeiture without compensation of any kind, and selection of an alternate winner. Sponsor and Producer are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. Sponsor and Producer’s decisions regarding eligibility, disqualification and compliance with Official Rules are solely in the discretion of Sponsor and Producer, and binding in all respects.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: The winners will receive a full set of Goody’s Simple Styles Collection, for an approximate retail value (ARV) of $14.95. Photographs of the ten (10) winning entries will be shown on the Sponsor and Producer official web site(s). Limit one prize per household. Sponsor and Producer reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason without notice. Taxes, gratuities and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. No transfer or substitution of prizes allowed except at Sponsor and Producer’s sole discretion. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No exchange for cash will be permitted and no refunds are allowed. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, prize won, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, trade promotion, online posting, and publicity without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the internet without notice, review or approval as permitted by law. Winners shall also be required to complete and sign a publicity release except where prohibited.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Should the Contest be, in Sponsor's sole discretion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Producer, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper participation in the Contest, and/or the submission/receipt of submissions, Sponsor and Producer reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such event, Sponsor and Producer will select winners in a manner that is fair, equitable and in accordance with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor and Producer in their sole discretion. Sponsor and Producer, including all of their agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, prize providers, legal advisors and the employees, officers, directors and shareholders of each (collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsible for, and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor and/or Producer that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, arising in connection with or as a result of the prizes or acceptance, possession or use of the prizes, or from participation in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Releasees harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, debts, demands, obligations, costs, fees, expenses, actions, causes of action and liabilities of any kind or nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements), in connection with the Contest or resulting from entrant's participation, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prizes, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Further, by submitting an entry, all entrants agree to the terms of these Official Rules and forever waive, release, discharge and covenant not to sue the Releasees, of, for and from any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, fees, expenses, actions and causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description, known and unknown, including, but not limited to, all those arising out of or in any way related to the Contest, these Official Rules, entrant's entry, the acceptance or use or misuse of any prize, entrant's information, any travel, any personal injuries, any death, or any property damage. By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns and/or has the authority to release the claims stated herein. Winners shall be required to execute a Liability Release and an Affidavit of Eligibility prior to award of any prize. Failure to sign the Liability Release and/or Affidavit of Eligibility is grounds for disqualification. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and/or Producer, which are final.
- DISPUTES: By entering the Contest, entrants further agree that: (1) Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sponsorship, Sponsor or Producer, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (2) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants, Sponsor and Producer in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia without giving reference to its conflict of law rules or provisions of any other jurisdiction. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of Georgia, County of Fulton and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules or this Contest. The parties agree to waive any defense of forum non conveniens or improper venue. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- PRIVACY NOTICE: Sponsor and Producer collect personal data when you participate in this Contest. Participating in the Contest constitutes your permission for the Sponsor, Producer and their affiliates to maintain the data in the U.S. The data is collected to maintain a record of those who have participated in the Contest, to contact potential winners, and, in the case of U.S. residents only, for marketing purposes. By providing personal information and email address in connection with Contest, entrants agree to receive future information from Goody, NaturallyCurly.com, advertising and promotional agencies, and all other companies involved with this Contest. To be removed from any mailing lists, please contact each individually, including Goody and NaturallyCurly.com.
- NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS: In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. Releasees are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrants (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and Producer, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor and Producer reserve the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from this Contest any person who Sponsor and Producer, in their sole discretion, believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted, (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Contest), and to select winner from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
- LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SPONSORED CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL and CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- NAME OF WINNER: To obtain the name of winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor at NaturallyCurly.com, 3415 Greystone Drive, Suite 300, Austin, Texas 78731 after 7/31/2010.
More Contest Information
Video: Goody Simple Styles
Check Out The Entries
- About NaturallyCurly.com
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Community Policy
- Hot Links
- Frizz Forecast
- Salon Finder
- Product Reviews
- Hair Type Finder
- Hair Care
- Frizz Control
- Sulfate Free
- Kids Hair
- Hair Coloring
- Hairstyle Photos
- Curly Hairstyles
- Coily Hairstyles
- Wavy Hairstyles
- Curly Bobs
- Short Hairstyles
- Medium Hairstyles
- Long Hairstyles
- Celebrity Hairstyles