How do I use a hair diffuser?
I have 2A hair and I am curious as to diffuse my hair to enhance my curl pattern. The result that would be ideal would be a soft beach wave. Any Tips?
BY: cszabo ( 2a ) | 4.19.13
Here are 12 quick tips on how to use a hair diffuser to keep your curls looking great every day.
- Use a diffuser that stays on your hair dryer. Many will fall off. Some hair dryers comes with a diffuser. Or, check out the selection of hair diffusers from Shop.NaturallyCurly.com. They fit most hair dryers.
- Have your favorite stylers in your hair. If you have time, let your hair air dry for a little while before you start to dry it with a hair dryer and the diffuser.
- Use duckbill clips if you need to add volume at the crown of your head.
- Set your hair dryers heat setting to medium. If you are in a hurry the hot setting will work but be careful not to over dry your hair. That will cause frizz to occur.
- Hang your head sideways or upside down. Touch your hair gently and put curls in bowl of diffuser.
- Move diffuser towards head to get heat up to the roots.
- Be careful not to disrupt clumping and curl formation. This is a gentle but tricky process.
- Keep this up. Working in sections until hair is 80-90% dry.
- Flip head over and adjust curl alignment.
- Use a small amount of pomade or curl cream to scrunch out the crunch.
- Dry hair for one more minute to lock in moisture from pomade or cream.
- Use fingers at roots to shake out hair if you want more volume.
BY: CurlyCoriander ( 3c ) | 8.7.13
Answer this question
Please log in to add your answer.