I need help with moisture with my hair. I am 2 days natural! Anything will help!!
BY: Napural13 ( 3c ) | 8.2.14
my favorite would be the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie+coconut oil+Kinky Curly Curling Custard
BY: CurlyGirlieLiv ( 3b ) | 8.3.14
pure Shea butter works amazingly in my hair. But use oils often, I usually do a olive oil & coconut oil mix where I warm it up and put it in my hair leaving it in for a few hours. Then I wash my hair with a sulfate free shampoo and make sure you use a very moisturizing conditioner. (Cream of nature, treseme conditioner for curly hair, got2b oil-licious conditioner, mixed chicks deep conditioner etc.) Also use a leave in, my favourites are mixed chicks leave in and cream of nature.
BY: anonymous ( 3b ) | 8.3.14
I definitely don't want to overwhelm you with so much info but here's a few tips for retaining moisture in your hair: 1. Try the L.O.C. method. L stands for Liquid (water, leave-in moisturizer with water as first ingredient), O is for oil (olive, coconut, jojoba, grapeseed, etc) and C for cream (curl enhancing cream, hair butter/pudding, gel). This method helps with locking in moisture because each product seals the one before it (I.e. the oil seals in the moisture from the liquid, the cream seals in the oil, etc).
2. Introduce cowashing into your regimen if you haven't already. Washing your hair with conditioner is less drying than shampoo.
3. Shampoo your hair with a non-sulfate or paraben-free shampoo at least once a month to prevent product buildup.
4. Moisturize your hair at night and try sleeping in a plastic cap, then satin bonnet or scarf to wake up to moisturized hair in the morning.
4. Keeping your hair in twists or braids will help with moisture retention.
5. For really dry or thirsty hair, you could try keeping a small spray bottle of water and leave-in conditioner mixed together to spritz your hair throughout the day.
Really hope this helps!!
BY: SweetRellie ( 4a ) | 8.3.14
Answer this question
Please log in to add your answer.