Moisturizing Hair Custard - NaturallyCurly.com
I found a video of a similar mix on Youtube posted by HairNailsBeautyTips and tried it for myself along with a few extra ingredients and wanted to share!
If you are a natural who has been looking for the L (liquid), O (oil), & C (cream) AND a styler ALL IN ONE product, then this DIY may be for you......
The way I've used this mix so far is with defining my kinks. It has a nice enough hold (for me, that is). It's not super crunchy, it has movement, and is soft to the touch.
Tip: the best way to see if your gel & favorite leave in conditioner will play well together is to mix a little of both into the palm of your hand. If it creates these little clumps, then that let's you know they don't mix well together & will need to try another product.
- 1 cup of hair gel of choice
- 1/2 cup of your favorite leave in conditioner
- 1/3 cup of distilled water or aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel (if you use aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel, this gives added moisture)
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite carrier oil
- The apple cider vinegar is totally optional. I only added this after testing it w/ a ph strip.
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (this is to lower the ph balance. when I added this and tested it, I got about 5.5 on the ph strip)
- You can also add in your favorite essential oils for additional benefits & fragrance.
Tools you'll need:
a clean empty jar
spoon or hand mixer
Stir in each ingredient one at a time and mix well until creamy consistency. You can stir with your spoon or hand mixer to get it done a little quicker.