Submitted 07/01/2014 by CarolsDaughter (4a)
- 3 parts cocoa butter
- 1 part shea butter
- Silicone muffin trays
- Cooking spray
- Coffee + Adzuki Beans (optional)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Fine Sea Salt (optional)
- Dried Rose petals (optional)
- Vanilla Oil (optional)
- Vanilla Beans (optional)
The recipe is pretty simple; just melt 3 parts cocoa butter to one part shea butter. You can make it with cocoa butter alone, but over the years I have discovered that a little bit of shea butter adds some extra creaminess to the texture of the bar.
- Melt cocoa butter on stove with the shea butter.
- Spray molds with a vegetable cooking spray. The easiest ones are silicone because they are so pliable.
- Once the cocoa butter is melted, pour into the molds.
- Unscented: Leave as is—without any fragrance or essential oils.
- Massage Bars: Add some adzuki beans and coffee beans to the butter mixture after pouring it into the muffin pan. The coffee beans will add a nice aroma and the combination of adzuki beans and coffee beans will feel good as you massage your body.
To this bar I like to add essential oils of eucalyptus and peppermint oils for their great analgesic properties.
- Scrub Bar: Add sea salt and rose petals to the melted butter mixture. I added rose fragrance oil to mine for a lovely scent. Once your bar hardens, one side will be smooth and the other lightly exfoliating with the table grade, fine sea salt.
- Scented Love Cake: Use vanilla oil, then enhance its wonderful scent by adding a slice vanilla bean to the bar. (Optional)
Check out Videos to see Lisa making her own Shea Butter Body Bars!
(Song Credit: Different Feelings by StrangeZero)