- 24 ounces of any base oil. I use canola oil.
- 1 cup of your favorite flower / herb mixture. I use lavender, rosemary, rose petals and chamomile. The possibilities are endless.
- 1 muslin bag
- Place oil in a pot on the stove under a low flame. You want to warm the oil, not cook it. It should only take a few minutes to warm and should be not so hot that you can't touch it.
- Put about a cup of herbs and flowers into a muslin bag and add it to the warm oil. The blend is up to you. I love using lavender and rosemary. They are the "sisters" of hair care. Rosemary for conditioning and lavender for balancing the oils in the scalp. Chamomile, for its sweet apple-like scent. Roses for the scalp.
- The bags of herbs should steep in the warm oil for a minimum of a half hour.
- Squeeze the bags thoroughly and remove from the oil.