NaturallyCurly video blogger Evelyn uses Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly to shingle her hair.
Vlogger Evelyn shows you how to shingle your curly hair.
What exactly is "shingling?" Basically, it's a method of applying a product to coily hair in layers, starting from the bottom and working your way up...much like you would apply shingles to your roof. It's a great technique to give your coils definition and love.
What Evelyn uses:
How to shingle:
- Wash, condition, and detangle your hair. Separate your hair into twists.
- Spray your hair to get it damp.
- Undo the twists and smooth curly hair solution over that section.
- Rake the whipped gelly through the same section.
- Repeat through the rest of your hair.
Image by Bobby Rodriguezz/Unsplash
Do you shingle your curls? In the comments section below, tell us how you do it!