Make your own hair mask at home with three household ingredients: banana, avocado, and aloe vera juice!
Want to try a banana avocado mask that won’t leave chunks of residue?
Naptural85’s DIY Avocado Banana Hair Mask Solution is extremely simple to make and helps to instill moisture and add shine.
This mask functions as a pre-poo or deep conditioner.
What You'll Need
- 2 bananas
- 2 avocados
- Water or aloe vera juice
- Rice strainer
- Blend the peeled bananas and pitted avocados. To loosen the consistency, slowly add water or aloe vera juice.
- Pour the concoction over a rice strainer into a bowl. Tap the rice strainer against the bowl in order to salvage the entire mask without the oversized particles.
- Check the consistency with your fingers as a final means of scavenging for hidden particles.
- Apply the mixture from roots to tips, avoiding the scalp.
- Sit under a hooded dryer with a plastic cap for 15-20mins. in order to penetrate the oils. If you do not have a hooded dryer, you can lounge around the house for 1-2 hours with a plastic cap for maximum absorption.
In order to avoid spoilage, it is advised to only make as needed. For more curly mixology recipes, or to share your own favorite at-home treatments, go to our Recipes section.