Honey is beneficial for the hair and scalp because its anti-inflammatory properties soothe the scalp. It also creates a moisture barrier on the hair. Honey is also a humectant which allows the hair to retain water and moisture, allowing it to hydrate hair while providing vitamins and minerals. Since honey is able to hold on to water, it is a great way to treat hair that is damaged and dry. Frizz is a concern at high priority on our lists.
Almond Oil is beneficial to the hair as well since it is high in vitamins A, B, D and E as well as potassium, magnesium, zinc and protein. It adds shine to dull hair as well as helps to encourage hair growth and nourishes the hair. Read my previous article on its benefits for hair and skin.
Fight that halo of frizz with this at-home hair mask recipe, featuring honey and almond oil:
What you need
- 1/2 cup conditioner
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and apply to hair.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes before washing out.
- This mix will last for 1 week in the fridge.
- If the humid weather is particularly bad use this mix in replace of your conditioner (wash it out like conditioner) on a daily basis until your hair settles down.
Where you can get almond oil
- De La Cruz Sweet Almond Body Oil, $2 at Target
- Earth's Care Pure Sweet Almond Oil, $13 at Wal Mart
- Now Almond Oil, $10 at GNC
If your hair is damaged, color treated, high porosity or if it likes protein, you can also add an egg or 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt to this mixture for additional hair reparative and strengthening benefits. But if you do this mask multiple days in a row, don't add this in each day. Every third time would be deal.