What does it mean to be a trailblazer?
When I hear the word trailblazer, I immediately think of fearless and resilient women such as Oprah Winfrey who have paved the way for generations to come by living a life that is much greater than her. She not only represents women of color, but all women who have conquered adversity and created opportunity for women to shine bright and be represented in all aspects.
Before Oprah was named the first African-American billionaire, she endured many trials and tribulations that included a painful childhood, being fired at 23 and a battle with weight loss, but she turned her pain into power and continued to rise above. She is one of my biggest inspirations not only for her success as a business woman, philanthropist and producer, but because she uses her platform to shine a light on what matters - empowering those around her to share their story.
I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint- and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.Oprah is a trailblazer who continues to break barriers and reminds us that we are LIMITLESS! Here’s what I learned from Mama O aka Oprah Winfrey:
- Listen to your intuition.
- Only say yes to what you intend to do. Your intentions determine your results.
- Keep your feet on the ground, no matter what shoes you can afford.
- You are your greatest competition, run your race!
- Know your power. Use your power. Don’t let it use you.
- Use your work as an expression to shine a light on what matters.
- When things go wrong, it’s an opportunity to set you up for something better. Trust the process!
- Allow the energy of the universe to lead you.
- Serve with a purpose that’s bigger than you. Your legacy is every life you’ve touched.
- Remain true to yourself. No one is you and that’s your power.
In her latest interview with David Rubenstein she shares her remarkable journey and proudest moments in her career, which have nothing to do with her accolades, but the power of being her authentic self. I truly believe that the more we become aligned with our inner self and share our truths, the more we can achieve. Here's to all the brave women that embarked on untouched territories and blazed a trail of greatness! If you haven't had a chance to see her interview, check it out here.