Do you remember sitting between your mom’s legs, getting your hair braided down into cornrows? What about that time you learned that you are tender headed? Or, the day your mom finally figured out that she needed more than a boar hair brush and grease to get your hair into Afro puffs?
Ahhh… those were the days!
Now that we’re all grown up, we don’t need anyone telling us what to do with our curls and how to rock them… or, do we?
Using Design Essentials, these teens show their moms what cute hair is all about!
According to 3 young ladies, featured on the NaturallyCurly YouTube page, we may need a little help with stylin’ and profilin’ in this modern world of Insta-glam-selfies and Snap-worthy stories.
To prove that they know best when it comes to hair care, life, and all things cute, these young ladies decided to take their moms back to school by styling their hair with the ultimate curl collection: Design Essentials Naturals.
Using some of our NaturallyCurly favorites, the girls turned their mom’s hair into something… well… different! Watch the video to see how quirky things got between these naturally curly (and one wannabe curly”> moms and their daughters.
Aren’t these mom and daughter teams just the BEST?!
All the products that the daughters used on their mother’s hair are from the Design Essentials Naturals family, with each one complementing the other when used in concert:
- Almond & Avocado Curl Enhancing Mousse: As one the favorite mousses’ in many curly women’s Holy Grail collections, this airy and light formulation is perfect for those of us in need of a gentle, yet firm hold. Sorry, straight haired-sisters! You’re not going to get curly hair using this mousse.
- Almond Avocado Twist and Set Setting Lotion: Let’s talk about bomb twist outs and moisture-saturated curls for a second: if that’s what you want, you’ll need this setting lotion in your life.
- Almond & Avocado Detangling Leave-In Conditioner: Every curly woman needs a reliable hydrating leave-in to get out the door and on with her day without having to worry about dry, frizzy hair. Grab this trusted leave-in and rock those curls with confidence.
- Coconut & Monoi Leave-In Nourisher: You’ve gotta love formulas that infused your hair strands with hydrating coconut and monoi oils. If you haven’t tried it, yet, get yourself a bottle now!
- Coconut & Monoi Moisturizing Edge Control Glaze: In the video above, you’ll see Nijah laying Nikki’s edges allll the way down with this glaze that you’ll want to add to your Holy Grail kit. The scent is delightful!
We absolutely adore that these moms and daughters got a chance to deepen their relationships with each other with the help of Design Essentials Naturals, one of the most beloved brands in our community. So, tell me:
How have you connected with your mom, guardian, aunts, dads, and family members through the power of curls?
Share your story in the comments below. And remember to sign up for our newsletters so that you can get exclusive Design Essentials Naturals information before anyone else!