No-frizz tips for fighting hat hair during the cold weather ahead.
In these upcoming cold months, it's hard to fight the dreaded hat hair. When you put a hat on your head that you plan on taking off during the day, make sure you carefully place it on your head first and try not to disturb it. This will help reduce the amount of frizz you get from the hat and hopefully it won’t disturb your curls too much.
Keep it Refreshing
- When you take the hat off, put your head upside and spray a refresher in your hair, like DevaCurl Mist-er Right. This will help to bring your curls back to life by dampening them a bit and allowing them to re-curl.
- Spray more towards the root first, and then towards the ends and scrunch upwards, but do not run your fingers through your hair disturbing your curls.
- Wavy (Type 2): After you have refreshed it, reapply a hard hold gel to reactivate your waves and to help give you volume again. Scrunch for a few minutes, and then do not touch your hair again until it is dry. Then, lightly scrunch to slightly release the waves.
- Curly (Type 3): Refresh and add a medium hold gel or styling cream to keep your curl pattern is in place. You only need to lightly scrunch — if you scrunch too much it will frizz.
- Kinky (Type 4): Apply a frizz-free oil and a curling cream together to keep the frizz down while you lightly scrunch to refresh the curls. You may need to spray in a frizz fighting agent, like DevaCurl Set It Free, to cut down on the frizzy halo.