We love watching YouTube videos of over the top makeup looks and elaborate hairstyles, just for fun. And you'll definitely find us liking Instagram photos of expertly styled lattes and beautiful home vignettes. But our real life morning routines look a lot more... minimal. If you have Type 3A curls and consider yourself a beauty minimalist, or if you have a tendency to sleep in, then this tutorial is for you.
This is my minimalist morning routine.
1. Stretch and put my contacts in.
2. Wash my face. I like to keep my hair out of my face with a headband.
3. Decide what outfit I'm wearing for the day.
4. Run my hands through water, scrunch, and add leave-in conditioner thoroughly. I like Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion.
5. Scrunch, style. And scrunch more!
6. Apply 2 different mascara- one to neaten, one for volumizing.
7. Use a bb cream/concealer to cover my noticeable red spots on my face.
8. Add a lipstick--I'm going with plum for this season--then put in big earrings to finish off my look.
And... that's it!
Watch the Video
Watch my video and thumbs up if you also prefer the minimalist route!
What do you do in the morning to your curls?