If you are looking for a refreshing, natural way to style and define your curly hair, this simple DIY hair gel by GI 365 is for you. It’s not only easy to make but it’s great for the frizzies and it keeps in your fridge for more than a week. Plus, it also costs about .60-$1.00 to make a batch and it’s good for your curls!
You will need
- 1 tablespoon plain gelatin (from any grocery/market store)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
The last 2 ingredients are “optional” and can be added for additional conditioning treatment to the hair.
Over medium heat, mix the water and gelatin in a saucepan until the gelatin is dissolved.
Remove the mixture from the heat and add the lemon juice and allow to cool. You will notice the mixture will soon look like a gel.
To add the conditioning element
- Add the coconut oil and aloe after the gel is cooled and place the mixture in a blender. Blend until creamy. You can also use a whisk but will need to melt the coconut oil first if you decide to blend by hand. If you decide to make the conditioning version, you will not need to add an extra leave-in conditioner to your hair--it’s already in the gel! The gel works great for extra hold on any curl type.