The holiday party season is the perfect opportunity to wear that dress you never get to wear and try a bold new makeup look or hairstyle. For so many women the latter means reaching for a flat iron or a curling wand, but when you have natural curls that is not necessary! There are plenty of ways to rock your curls that don't require heat tools or a salon appointment. Here are three gorgeous curly hairstyles to wear to your next holiday party. Depending on what you're wearing, you can also add in accessories to each style - or skip the accessories to wear these looks all year long.
Cristina has Type 2c waves and a braid is as advanced as her hair styling skills get, so for her style she created a simple braided updo that is way easier than it looks. Nikki has Type 3c curls and she mostly wears her hair in a wash and go, so to change things up she went with a twisted bun and accessorized with a ribbon. Kami has Type 3b coils and her glossy knot out would look fabulous for any occasion, and a flower makes the whole look more festive.
Easier Than It Looks Updo
- If you’re starting with dry hair, refresh your curls with Hair Milk Refresher Spray. If your hair is cleansed & damp, apply Hair Milk 4-In-1 Combing Crème to prep your hair for styling.
- Create a single loose French braid and secure with an elastic.
- Fold the French braid up to create a flat bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Add accessories such as a flower or crystal hair pins.
- Start with freshly cleansed hair and then prep it for smooth & frizz-free styling by applying the Sacred Tiare 4-In-1 Combing Crème. Be sure to fully dry hair afterwards.
- Divide hair into two pigtails and create 4 two-strand twists.
- Smooth hair in place with the Black Vanilla Edge Control Smoother
- Take each twist and wrap it around the opposite pigtail, pinning into place. Repeat until every twist is pinned.
- Optional: You can accessorize by adding a ribbon into the twists
Glossy Knot Out
- Pre-poo with warm Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Pure Hair Oil. Massage it into your hair, twisting and sectioning off the hair. Put on a plastic cap or sit under a hooded dryer for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse out the hot oil treatment and cleanse and condition.
- Deep condition with the Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Hair Smoothie. Apply to each of the sections, re-clip the sections and then cover with a shower cap and a thermal cap for additional conditioning.
- Once the deep conditioning is done, massage the Black Vanilla 4-In-1 Combing Crème throughout the hair, sectioning the hair again but this time with clips to give it the stretch it needs. Then sit under the dryer for another 20 minutes.
- Once dry, apply a dime size amount of the Hair Milk Nourishing & Conditioning Styling Butter to each section. For each section, brush the hair to smooth the product evenly throughout and then twist into a Bantu knot.
- Sit under a dryer until completely dry, or sleep with the Bantu knots to ensure that full drying of the hair occurs.
- Coat your fingers with the Black Vanilla Pure Hair Oil to keep frizzing under control as you uncoil the Bantu knots.
This post is sponsored by Carol's Daughter.