My expectations of going back to school were always very high when it came to haircare. I always vowed that I would have my hair styled to perfection every day, deep condition weekly, and moisturize nightly.
However reality always set in within the first few weeks of school and I found myself drowning in work. My hair became the last thing on my mind!
Below I have created a curly hairstyle that you can put together quickly in the mornings to jazz up your hair throughout the week. This look can also be styled the night before if you don't move around a lot in your sleep. Check out these steps to achieve a back to school hairstyle for medium to long length 3c curls.
What you need
1. Create a side part at the front of your hair.
2. Split the front section of your hair into two sections (one on each side).
3. Apply leave-in conditioner to the sections and some gel to the edges of the hair. Once moisturized, smooth your bristle brush on your edges to make sure the flat twists look sleek before twisting.
4. Begin to flat twist both sections. Start at the top of the section, split into two halves, and twist around each other while grabbing sections of your hair as you twist downwards. This motion is similar to the technique a traditional 3-strand braid.
5. Moisturize your ends with some leave-in conditioner to further protect them.
6. Grab your hairband and gather the two twists towards the back of your hair and style in a ponytail.
7. Twist the ponytail into a bun.
You're all done!
To perfect the style, you can also use the pads of your fingers dipped in some gel or edge control to lay down your edges even more. This is a simple protective style that can be transitioned into a ponytail, pineapple, braided headband, high bun and low bun, 2 space buns -- it is versatile enough to restyle.
This hairstyle is perfect for the weeks of school that leave you feeling lazy or overwhelmed. Bonus: it will also prevent the dryness that comes with neglecting your hair for days on end.
Have a great first day back!