The anticipation of Christmas morning can be completely overwhelming! This is especially the case if you are in a large family or have children. These quick and easy curly hair styles can get you through the hectic Christmas morning. Hopefully our tips and hints can make your day a little less stressful and give you a bit of Christmas cheer to boot!
This is such an awesome style for the holiday season. The braided bun takes the fuss out of styling your hair throughout the day and lets you focus on what is most important. If you’re handy with braiding, this style may take you less than 30 minutes to complete.
- This style is simple to recreate, whether you are working with a few days old style or freshly washed hair. Fresh or not, just make sure your hair is well moisturized prior to styling to keep your hair looking polished. If your hair is dry, refresh your curls with a leave-in spray before braiding. Try Blended Beauty Kick for Curls Aloe Juice Spritz to revive your curls and make them easier to work with.
- Separate your hair into a front and rear section; French braid from the nape going up towards the crown. Pull the rest of the hair into a high ponytail where you then do three to four smaller twists to form the bun itself. Secure the bun with bobby pins.
- Type 2 (Wavy): Apply a light leave-in conditioner throughout the hair while damp and let it air dry since this will help keep frizz formation to a minimum. Try using Design Essentials HCO Leave-In Conditioner and gently comb through your curls for even distribution.
- Type 3 (Curly): Using a creamy moisturizer throughout your curls will give this style shine and softness. Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia is an excellent choice for this task because it smoothes and moisturizes your hair.
- Type 4 (Kinky): If you are working with an older twist out, make sure to hydrate your curls before styling with a good butter product. Jane Carter Solution Nourish & Shine will stimulate those coils and make creating the braid and twists so much easier.
Tips – To finish this style you may want to add a small amount of gel to the edges to keep any flyaways under control. Coupled with a soft bristle brush, As I Am Smoothing Gel works great at this task. With proper night time care using a satin scarf, this style can last for a week or longer.
Easy Breezy Curls
Your curls want to be free so let them! This easy Christmas morning curly hair style is effortless, using only a couple of hair pins and a few minutes of your time. You’ll be ready to open presents and celebrate in no time!
- Stay true to your curls on Christmas and rock them loose! It doesn’t have to take all day to fix your hair if you just let them do their own thing. Your main concern is going to be keeping them in place for the day.
- Keep your coils under control by adding a serum or pomade to the finished look. This will help keep the frizz at bay and let your curls stay picture perfect throughout the day.
- Type 2 (Wavy): If you’re rocking freshly washed loose curls, try using a Curl-Ease Towel to speed up your drying time. By letting your hair air dry, you can avoid creating extra frizz. And you can finish putting yourself together while you wait, too!
- Type 3 (Curly): Remember to add a bit of moisturizer to your hair while styling. A good product to consider is Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control since it will not only soften your hair, but help define your curls as well.
- Type 4 (Kinky): Since you’re probably rocking an older twist out, try spraying a bit of leave-in conditioner to wake up your curls. Oyin Handmade Greg Juice will moisturize your curls and hydrate them with hair loving herbs and botanicals.
Tips – Since it’s the holiday season, you can secure your curls with a cute headband. Add to your holiday spirit and go for something Christmas themed or sparkly. You can definitely get a few days out of this look without having to restyle. Just make sure you either “pineapple” at night or use your satin pillowcase.
Curly Side Bun
Looking for no- fuss curly hair styles? Achieve a boho chic look with a messy side bun in no time at all. It’s easy to create, and you’ll look like a million bucks. The goal is to keep you and your curls comfortable on Christmas morning.
- Keep your curls happy by giving them lots of love this Christmas. Don’t fasten your ponytail holder too tight with this style. Your curls will appreciate being a little more relaxed with this loose bun.
- You can add to the look by creating a side part before securing the loose hair. Let some hair hang out in the front to keep the look more casual if you like, if not you can pull it all back. This style is all about simplicity.
- Type 2 (Wavy): Scrunch some of your favorite styling product through your hair while it’s damp to give it more body. If your hair is falling flat at the crown, you can add duckbill clips to lift your roots and add volume.
- Type 3 (Curly): Try adding a smoothing product before pulling your hair back. Oyin Handmade Shine & Define Styling Serum will give you light hold while adding shine and curl definition.
- Type 4 (Kinky): If your hair is shorter, you can improvise the bun by using hair pins to secure the hair within the bun itself. Use extra bobby pins where you need them to keep the style in place.
Tips – This style may not take you more than 15 minutes to complete, but it should last you well through the Christmas day and a few days after. If you have loose hair in the front, pin that piece down and wrap your hair loosely in a satin scarf before going to bed. You can always refresh in the morning with a light leave-in conditioner.
If your Christmas going to be jammed packed with formal events? Get quick & easy curly hairstyles advice for those formal parties, too!
What curly hairstyles will you be rocking for Christmas this year?