Curly girls have to know how to get the most out of their hair! Being able to get multiple looks out of one style can definitely come in handy! When you think your hair just can’t go another day, try one of these curly hair styles to prolong your look and breathe a breath of fresh air into your hair.
Last Leg Hair
I often admire my hair on its last leg; it’s usually full and very soft, with loose beachy waves. The key here is to make sure your hair is moisturized to help cut down on the last day frizz. Add a neat headband or other accessory and you’re ready to go!
- Take your hair up! When your hair is feeling tired, give it a rest and let your accessories do the work. A scrunchie is your hair’s best friend on days when you’re working with an old style.
- Go bold! This will add some spice to your last leg hair. Try a headband when you opt for a poof or a high ponytail. Bright colors, flowers, sparkly diamonds — pick what works for you and rock it!
- Type 2 (Wavy): Since your curls may be a little flat by now, try adding a liquid leave-in product to your hair. DevaCurl Set It Free can help with reactivating your curls, leaving them soft and frizz free. Use your diffuser to bring some volume back to your hair.
- Type 3 (Curly): Even though you’re on your last good hair day, you may want to refresh your curls for this look. Before putting your hair in the scrunchie, add a bit of moisturizer to your curls. Try Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion to cut the frizz and give your curls a treat.
- Type 4 (Kinky): Your curls may be pretty loose by now, so try adding a water based product to wake them back up. Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia will do just that, imparting a bit of softness and shine at the same time.
Tips: Don’t throw away those old stretched out headbands! You can actually double them up to create a “double” headband affect. It lets you reuse something that would normally end up in the landfill and it keeps you from wasting money. Reduce, reuse and recycle!
Half and Half
S0 the back of your hair is behaving but the front is giving you fits? Half and half curly hair styles let you leave the back alone and just fix the front. This shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes and a few determined bobby pins. You’ll be back to having a great hair day in no time!
- Starting with a bit of moisturizer will help give you the sleekness that can be achieved with this style. Applying a light product won’t add too much more buildup, plus using a downward, smoothing motion will help your hair fall in line.
- The front a middle sections are the focus for this look. Creating the pompadour in the front adds height and drama to the look, while the middle bump adds another level to the chic, trendy style. Tuck your ends under and secure with a few bobby pins.
- Type 2 (Wavy): To give your hair some much needed lift, try adding a volumizing mousse to give your hair some extra volume. This will help with creating the front and middle sections. Adding a finishing spray like Curlisto Structura Spray will give your hair hold and prolong the style.
- Type 3 (Curly): Secure the middle section with a thin scrunchie to give your hair a boost. Apply a light pomade like Darcy’s Botanicals Coconut Butter Pomade to the sides to help smooth your tresses. Flip that section back to create the pompadour and secure with a couple of bobby pins.
- Type 4 (Kinky): Volume usually isn’t an issue since your hair is probably already thick and full by this time, so now it’s time to smooth the frizzies away. Add a moisturizing product like Oyin Handmade’s Whipped Pudding to add shine and softness. Don’t forget to moisturize your ends!
Tips: To add to the sleekness of this style, try using a hair comb to secure the front pompadour. Roll the front section backwards and push your hair comb into place. If you want to rock this style for another day, just tie on a satin scarf at night. You can pin the loose hair up with a bobby pin, or even put it in a large, loose twist for more body the next day. You can always wash when you’re ready!
Meeting in the Middle
When you’re done rocking your fabulous loose waves or twist out, but not quite ready to wash and style again, what do you do? Throw in some hair pins, a scrunchie and a few minutes and you’re ready to face the world. Whether you’re running late to work or heading to a dinner date, your hair will be the least of your worries with this classy style.
- This simple style can take many forms — it’s all in where you place the pins. Using hair pins will allow you to pull and secure the hair, unlike bobby pins which may squash your curls. Try pulling the hair in from each side into the middle and secure with a pin.
- You still want this to be a relatively smooth style, so try adding a moisturizer that will help fight frizz and moisturize your curls. Adding a light leave-in conditioner prior to styling will ensure your hair looks neat and well put together.
- Type 2 (Wavy) If you have fine, wavy hair, you can count on a mousse product to give you shine while controlling frizz. Try Jane Carter Solution Wrap and Roll to help keep the flyaways under control. Scrunch your hair with your Hair Dry Hand Glove to speed up style and speed up drying time before pinning into place.
- Type 3 (Curly) Try not to separate your bigger curl. Having chunkier curls will work to your benefit when pinning the hair in the middle. Use a leave-in conditioner spray like Blended Beauty Kick for Curls Aloe Juice Spritz to moisturize and tame the frizz without disturbing the curls too much.
- Type 4 (Kinky) Since your hair is thicker, try creating your sections before pinning. Smooth a small amount of a moisturizing product like Oyin Handmade Hair Dew throughout your hair. Then, working with a small section at a time, twist each piece before pinning into place.
Tips: If you want to get a second day out of this style, try applying a spray gel product once you’re done styling. If you want some extra shine, try a few sprays of As I Am CocoShea Spray or your favorite shine boosting spray. Sleep lightly because even with a satin bonnet this style can be crushed easily during sleep.
Curly hair, and curlies, LOVE quick and easy styles that look great in a matter of minutes. Try these quick & easy curly hair styles that anyone can do!