You'll be surprised how easy Nikki's bodacious top knot is to do. Sure, it looks big, beautiful and even a little bit fancy, but as you'll soon see the bun only takes her about 2 minutes to complete. She wears it to work, to the gym, to formal events, there's nowhere you can't wear a bun - except maybe the movie theater.
What You'll Need:
- bobby pins
- hair tie
- *optional - bandana or headband
- *optional - edge tamer like Design Essentials Edge Tamer or Karen's Body Beautiful Edge Control
- Step 1 - Gather all of your hair on top of your head, starting at the back of your head and pulling forward
- Step 2 - Use the hair tie to wrap the hair once (or twice, if you have less hair) with the ends tucked into the band, it will look very messy at this point
- Step 3 - Tuck all of the loose ends in, using bobby pins to secure them when necessary
- Optional Step 4 - If you're going for a polished look, apply your edge tamer at the end
- Optional Step 5 - Nikki accessorized with a $1 bandana she got from Walmart, but any headband would work!
Watch the Video[prodmod]
This article was originally published in August 2014 and has been updated for grammar and clarity.