You don't have to limit your fun flirty looks to Valentine’s Day
Try out this heatless flexi-rod set on your curls! My fine 3c curls had no problem taking on this style--it was so easy to do. Best of all, it doesn't call for using damaging heat tools. The end result will leave you with soft, fluffy curls that will demand all the attention in a room.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 to 2 packages of flexi rods (I used Hot Tools Pro Curls Spongy Rod Rollers 5/8 Diameter, 7 3/4 Long)
- an elastic band
- a comb
- a pick
- a spray bottle of water
- your favorite edge control (I used Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste)
This works best on curly hair that is finer in texture.
1. It's important to know that less is more for this style to be successful--washing and styling factor into this. After washing my hair, I make sure to use lightweight products in my styling process. In the days leading up to this style, I used:
- leave-in conditioner: Curls Quenched Curls-Curl Moisturizer
- styling products: Samy Fat Hair Thickening Cream and Curls Creme Brule Styling Cream.
2. I let my hair air dry and add absolutely no products to my hair for the next couple of days.
3. By the 3rd or 4th day, I gently detangle any knots until I serve up Diana Ross realness! I find that when my hair dries, my stretched look is flat and the final look doesn’t come out the same. That’s why I can’t stress it enough, less is more!
4. Using my comb, I section off the top half of my hair and secure it with my elastic. Next, I make 1 inch sections and spray it with water. I also run my comb through again to make sure that it’s not tangled.
5. Using a flexi-rod, I wrap each section from the ends up to my roots and bend them to secure. Repeat this process on the entire head. Lastly, wrap a silk scarf over the flexi-rods and leave on overnight.
6. In the morning, I remove my scarf and unravel each flexi-rod. Using my Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste, I add the tiniest amount to help separate my curls and give it a more piecey look. Don’t be afraid to separate each curl a few times to make it more natural.7. I use a pick at the roots to fluff and add extra volume. 8. Lastly, I use my hands to gently shake out the roots. This makes my hair softer and loosens up the curl pattern. You can also spritz your curls with a flexible hairspray but I didn’t feel the need to.
The final result
I have a head full of soft, beautiful curls that will make your date do a double take! Complete the look with a classic cat eye and a bold red lip that will be sure to have all the attention on you.