Show off your curly tresses with this signature holiday hair style.
So you’re heading to a holiday party but not quite sure what to do with your hair? If you’re looking for a signature holiday hair style to show off your curly tresses then this might just be the style for you. A bit more refined and sleek, this pinned updo enhances your natural beauty and allows your curls to be the center of attention. This simple style works best on a twist out if you prefer your hair to be fuller. Grab a few hair pins and get ready to be glam!
Glam, Bam, Thank You Ma'am!
- If you're working with a twist out, add a bit of oil throughout your hair, focusing on your ends. Darcy’s Botanical’s Coconut Hibiscus Conditioning Oil is light and it comes in a spray bottle which makes application super easy.
- If you’re doing this style on freshly washed hair, use a t-shirt or microfiber towel to soak up some of the water before applying your product. Smooth a leave-in/detangling product like Kinky Curly Knot Today from roots to tip, and then apply your butter on top to seal the moisture in.
- Create a deep part to the side of your choosing. Starting in the back of your head, create a French roll going up from your neck to the middle of your head. You will have loose hair on one side towards the front of your head, with the other side smoothed and pinned in place.
- Sweep the loose hair to the side, then gather the ends and gently secure with hair pins. The hair will still be a bit loose using hair pins, but you can use bobby pins if you like. You can also add additional hair pins to hold the top section more firmly in place.
- Once all the hair is secured, you may add a spritz of Darcy’s Botanicals Herbal Leave-In Conditioning Spritz or your favorite herbal moisturizer on your hair. You can also add a bit a light hold gel to your edges to avoid flyaways.
It may take you as few as ten minutes to create this soft and chic holiday hair style from an existing twist out. Because it is a softer style, you may be able to rock it for a few days to a week without having to refresh it.
Not sure how to go about prepping for a special event? Let Evelyn show you how she gets ready!
Gently wrapping in a satin scarf or donning your satin bonnet to bed at night will help keep the style fresher. To moisturize while in the style, you can spray plain water on your hair then follow with spraying a bit of oil on top to seal the moisture in.