The weather is turning cold and there’s always lots to do around the house in preparation for the holiday season. You need to be able to get through that to-do list without spending hours on your hair. These simple curly hair styles will keep your hair out of your way whether you’re working hard or just lounging at home.
Braids can be one of the best go to styles when you’re staying at home. No matter if the weather is naughty or nice, this style will play well even if you do decide to venture outside. You’ll look effortless and pulled together to tackle all of your tasks in no time!
- Messy is OK! You are staying in the house, but it doesn’t mean your hair has to be left undone. You can braid all the hair together or leave a few pieces out in the front depending on how you feel.
- Easy does it with this style! Add a deep side part and sweep the hair around to one side. You want the braid loose and flirty so don’t braid too tightly. Plus this will keep unnecessary tension off of your hairline. Remember to use a ponytail holder without metal.
- Type 2 (wavy) This style is perfect whether you’re working with freshly washed hair or not. You may want to add a bit of styling agent like CURLS Cashmere Curls to keep your hair soft and any flyaways under control.
- Type 3 (Curly): To keep the hair smooth, add a bit of soft hold product to smooth the hair as you braid. CURLS Curl Soufflé will add shine while giving soft hold to your edges and the braid itself.
- Type 4 (Kinky): If you’re working with an old twist out, try using a pomade type product to elongate your curls for the braid. Carol’s Daughter Macadamia Hold and Control Smoother can give you all the hold you need.
Tips - Instead of a scrunchie, try using a ribbon to secure the end of your braid. Or, if you want to be even more creative, thread a festive ribbon through the braid and tie a neat little bow at the end. Since you’re staying indoors, this style will pretty much last you as long as you need it to. Tie on a satin scarf before bed and you’re good to go!
This look is hot this season! Sort of like a bun, the top knot is casual enough to wear when you stay at home, but fabulous enough to take you through a night on the town! If you decide to venture out of the house, this effortless style can be created in minimal steps and have you ready for the world
- Pull your hair into a high ponytail, then split it into three or four sections. Twist each section separately, then wrap each piece around the base of the ponytail. Use bobby pins to secure.
- Add your own flavor once the knot is secured. You can use a headband to hold the hair back, and if you need, add a bit of gel to slick down your edges. Or you can use your satin scarf to tie your hair down which will keep this style sleek throughout the day.
- Type 2 (Wavy): A paste or molding type product may work well to keep your hair slick while in this top knot. Apply Original Moxie Hair Bling High Shine Pomade to your edges and ends to keep them smooth.
- Type 3 (Curly): Apply your favorite styling product to your hair prior to pulling your hair into the ponytail. Darcy’s Botanicals Organic Coconut & Aloe Moisture Pudding will add moisture and aid with creating this sleek style.
- Type 4 (Kinky): You may want to two strand twist each section before wrapping it. A product like MyHoneyChild Twist Out Crème will nourish your tresses and can be used to smooth your edges down.
Tips - You can keep going all day without giving your curly hair style a second thought. An alternative to jazz up this style is by throwing on a cute scarf or wrap. This fancy free look can be maintained for a few days by utilizing your satin scarf at night.
Casual French Twist
You can have some style while staying in the house! The French roll is an easy curly hair style to complete with minimal time or effort. And since you’re staying in the house it doesn’t have to be perfect. Now is a great time to experiment with making this style a little more casual.
- This style is so simple! You’ll need a few bobby pins, your favorite moisturizer, and a little bit of creativity. Pull your hair back like you are going to put it in a scrunchie. Instead, you’re going to tuck and roll into the French twist. Secure the twist with bobby pins or a large hair comb.
- You can create this look on freshly washed hair or from an old style. Working with an old style will give you more volume to work with and make it easier to create your twist. You can even leave some loose curls out in the front to make it more unique!
- Type 2 (Wavy): If you’re seeking a bit more height for this style, try teasing the hair slightly before pinning into place. Spraying the finished look with a bit of Curlisto Structura Spray will help keep this carefree style in place.
- Type 3 (Curly): Your hair may be suffering from the “halo” of frizz from an old style, but let that play to your advantage. This look can carry a bit of frizzies without looking too crazy, just make sure it’s still moisturized. Add extra bobby pins where needed.
- Type 4 (Kinky): This style lends itself well to stretched or shrunken coils. No matter which way you’re rocking them, apply a good creamy styling product like Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner prior to securing the twist.
Tips - Since you’re staying in the house feel free to play with the style and make it your own. Now is not the time to be demure — be playful with it, leave a few wisps of hair out, add some pretty hair pins. It’s your hair! Once you’ve found your style, preserve it by wrapping a satin scarf loosely around your head before bed.
Are random stay-at-home days more a habit than a luxury to you? Find out how to match your curly styles with your at-home lifestyle!
Perfecting your favorite curly hair styles, or trying out new ones, is a great way to use your at-home time. What do you do with your hair on lazy, stay-at-home days?