Looking for a few last minute gifts for curly, wavy and kinky-haired friends? There are so many great products to choose from, and some make it even easier to give stocking stuffer sizes to test out!
Friends may have suffered from bad curly hair days or seasonal changes. These products can not only be a kind gift, but quite helpful for dried out hair or frizzy locks.
Type 2 (Waves”>
Wavy-haired gals often have issues with volume, something curlier textures can’t imagine being a problem! So to help her out and make the most of her waves, toss these holiday gifts her way and she’ll thank you throughout 2012!
- Duckbill Clips: a box of duckbill clips is a great way to help her achieve height at her crown and not have the dreaded triangle head.
- Curlisto Bio Gel Mousse: Mousse is a great option for wavies as heavier products will weigh their hair down and straighten it out. Using a mousse that acts like a gel without the weight, like Curlisto Bio Gel Mousse, is perfect for type 2 sisters.
- MOP Leave-in Conditioner: All textured gals need extra moisture than our straight-haired friends. Help out your wavy friend with a light leave-in like MOP Leave-in Conditioner.
- Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo: Of all textured hair types, wavies are the most likely to need to shampoo at least once a week. Because shampoo can be so drying, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo can help her get rid of product buildup and greasy roots without stripping her waves of needed hydration.
- Curl Junkie Argan & Olive Oil Daily Hair Conditioner: Because wavies don’t need as much extra oil in their hair, given that their waves aren’t as difficult for their natural oils to run down, a simple oil-based conditioner is all they need to seal in moisture and hydration. Try Curl Junkie Argan & Olive Oil Hair Conditioner — she’ll thank you for it!
Type 3 (Curls”>
Type 3 curls are tighter and thicker than wavy hair, but not as coiled or dry as kinkier textures. Finding the perfect balance between heavy and light products, oil and lack thereof, and deep conditioning treatments versus time saving mechanisms is a curly girls dream! This holiday season, help it come true!
- DevaCurl Mist-er Right: Curlies are masters at second day hair and a good refresher mist for day two, three or four is essential to keep her curls looking their best! Try DevaCurl Mist-er Right and she won’t be steered wrong.
- Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Creme: Because curly hair tends to be thicker and tighter, it can hold heavier products without worry. Heavy products offer a massive amount of hydration and sealing, which will keep frizz at bad and have her hair out shining Times Square. Try something like Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Creme for a great smell, too!
- Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper: Acting like a film of shiny plastic wrap over your outdoor furniture during a rainstorm, Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper doesn’t let outside moisture get close to her curls! Use this for no frizz, no worries and heck, no umbrella if you so desire!
- Jessicurl Awe Inspiraling Spray: After a frizz free agent, your curly friend will need a little bit of hold for those ringlets. Be sure that she gets the best curly hair day from your gift with Jessicurl Awe Inspiraling Spray, which is specifically created just for her type 3 curls!
- Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Treatment: Curlies need to deep condition at least once a week, but those treatments can get expensive and take up tons of time. Gift her Curl Junkie Rehab Treatment and she can take down her deep conditioning to once every other week, and because you footed the bill, she’ll save moola!
Type 4 (Kinks”>
Kinky coils are can be both thick and thin, but they are always tightly wound and can even come in a zigzag pattern. Help our your kinky haired friend with products that encourage multiple day wear and co-washing habits!
- Miss Jessie’s Products: You would be hard pressed to find a brand that was as all-encompassing for kinky-haired ladies. Plus, the bottles come in trail sizes so you can push them right down into a stocking – or a cute little gift bag. Miss Jessie’s products are full of nutrients, oils and moisture — which kinky hair definitely needs to look its best! Try Curly Pudding, Curly Meringue or Curly Buttercreme for winter weather hair.
- Curl Junkie Hibiscus Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner: Type 4 coils need lots of moisture, and most kink-haired ladies deep condition at least twice a week. Spice up her regimen with Curl Junkie Hibiscus Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner to keep her locks shiny and hydrated!
- Gleau Nourishing Oil Blend: Because kinky coils are tightly curled, natural oils form the scalp have a hard time hydrating the hair. So give your coily friend the gift of Gleau Nourishing Oil Blend and she will forever be loyal!
Gifts for All Curl Types
Don’t forget these all-encompassing gifts for all curl types, be they wavy, curly or kinky!
- Wide tooth comb
- Satin pillow cases
- Clips and combs
- Hair glove or drying cloths/towels
- Homemade recipes for a friend (there are some great ones on NaturallyCurly.com and CurlyNikki.com — type them up and make a recipe book or box!”>