Soap nuts are a great cleansing fruit. The fruit pulp creates suds that result in gentle, effective cleansing, body and shine! This is a great cleansing recipe for those with skin sensitivity and scalp issues such as psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema. Check it out!
- Mesh strainer
- A pot
- 1 muslin bag
- 1 dye applicator bottle
- 1-2 ice trays
- 6 seedless soap nuts
- 4 cups of distilled water
- 1 peel of a whole lemon or lime
- 1 tablespoon of horsetail
- 2 tablespoons of chamomile
- 1 tablespoon of coconut nectar *great vegan humectant
- Add the following to a muslin bag: soap nuts, citrus fruit peel, chamomile, horsetail
- Put the bag in a pot of distilled water. Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for approx 30 minutes. *Do not cover. It can boil over due to bubbles.
- Turn off heat, let it cool and strain well.
- Stir in coconut nectar and it's ready for use.
- Pour 2-4 oz into a dye applicator bottle.
- Apply directly to scalp. Massage well for a few minutes. Rinse well.
- Follow up with a rinse out conditioner and the rest of your regimen.
Store for next time
- Pour the remaining sudsy infused water in an ice cube tray.
- Freeze and store in freezer bags.
- When ready to cleanse your hair just get a few cubes out, let them thaw and use as normal.
Give it a try and share your experience in the comment section.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Be sure you do not have an allergy to any of the ingredients. It is always suggested to do a test patch prior to full use of any new product. If you have questions or concerns consult a physician.