Hair rinsing is an effective way to maintain your curly hair. But since blonde hair (both natural and color-treated) tends to react differently to other ingredients, hair rinses are usually avoided. Once going lighter, it is important to take extra steps to really maintain the color and condition of your hair after washes. These hair rinses are blonde-hair friendly, filled with nourishing antioxidants and free from any chemicals or preservatives that might chemically alter the state of your hair color. Use these rinses after cleansing your hair and in place of the usual rinse-out conditioner. You can find these ingredients in the herbs and tea section of your local grocery store.
Blonde hair can be very prone to dryness and Linden-Flower is perfect for dealing with this. The Linden-Flower rinse will help to promote growth and strengthen the hair.
- Boil 2 tablespoons of linden-flowers and simmer until cool. Strain the mixture and add to a spray bottle. Use the rinse after washing your hair and massage into the scalp.
Chamomile Tea Rinse
Chamomile tea has many hair benefits such as calming down the scalp, softening the hair and giving shine. When it comes to using a Chamomile tea rinse on blonde hair it works as a natural and healthy lightener for colour treated hair. If you want to keep your blonde hair vibrant try the following rinse once a week if your hair colour needs a pick me up! It great for bringing out blonde highlights!
- Once a month, boil 2 cups of water and steep 2 bags of chamomile tea and either spray or pour through your hair. Let it sit in your hair for 5 minutes before rinsing out with cold water.
Apple Cider Vinegar RinseApple Cider Vinegar rinses are a great quick fix for fighting dandruff and removing excessive scalp buildup. Along with its antibacterial fighting properties, it is also known to give your hair shine. The vinegar in the rinse closes the hairs cuticle resulting in sunlight reflecting off your curls!!
- Mix some Apple Cider Vinegar and water together in a spray bottle. After cleansing your hair, spray your hair with the mixture and massage into the scalp and use as a clarifier. Let it sit for 30 minutes, then rinse with cool water. Do this once every month.
It may sound off the wall but a champagne rinse can actually enhance gold/blonde tones in the hair. The antioxidants from the grapes made to use bubbly are great for achieving smooth and shiny has also! Side note: don't waste the good stuff on your hair! Opting for a cheaper bottle for your hair works just as well.
- Mix one-half hot water and one-half champagne in a spray bottle, distribute the mix all over your hair and then rinse.
Rhubarb Root Rinse
Rhubarb root has a long history of medical use! This plant is full of calcium, fibre and vitamins. You can use this as a rinse to naturally lighten the hair a shade or two! Stay away if your blonde hair is already light--think platinum--as this rinse can darken it!
- Let some rhubarb root boil in a non-metal pot for an hour. Let it cool down and strain through a sieve. With a spray bottle, apply this mixture and rinse after washing your hair. Rinse with this a few times to get the colour and leave your hair to air dry.