Although I am single, and I think women should feel free to do whatever they want to their hair, regardless of what their partner thinks, I do understand taking his opinion into consideration. In my experience, men don’t really know what they like until after they see it when it comes to hairstyles.
If you are considering returning to your natural roots but you’re not sure how your partner will feel about it, or if you are currently natural and your partner is still on the fence, here are 7 quick tips you can give him to better appreciate your natural hair struggles and triumphs.
7 things your partner needs to understand
- My hair will not always look the same. It’s curly/coily, unruly at times, and it does what it wants to do most days.
- If you want me to look good tomorrow, you will have deal with these twists/braids tonight.
- I am going to need this entire closet for all of my natural hair products and a small section in the refrigerator for my concoctions.
- My hair is versatile. I can wear it straight and curly. You’re getting two in one.
- I will watch Youtube tutorials often.
- I love you, but Sundays are reserved for my hair. Yes, wash day, is in fact, an entire day.
- When I’m feeling ugly or have an attitude because my hair didn’t turn out as I had hoped, tell me I’m still beautiful.
**Bonus! Yes, I’m going natural and it’s a process. Be loving and understanding.
More relationship articles
- 7 Things to Teach Your Significant Other About Natural Hair
- Should You Consult Your Significant Other Before Going Natural?
- 9 Things Men Need to Know About Dating Women with Natural Hair