Products used to create perfect waves can also provide moisture to coils. In this edition of The Twist, created by beauty and natural hair influencers Nikki Johnson and Evelyn Ngugi, the NaturallyCurly Winner’s Circle is put to the ultimate test: products designed for specific curl challenges are used by editors who have different natural hair concerns. That’s right - It’s a classic switcheroo, NaturallyCurly style!
- Curly Hair Solutions H2O Water Bottle - chosen by 3C NaturallyCurly editors - "That really is a stellar product," Evelyn said,"It really is so great!" She's right, you know? Not only is this water bottle designed to spray an even mist of water onto curls, it's ergonomic shape makes spraying easy! Even stylists dig this bottle because it's refillable and will cover large areas of hair. Since the spray bottle creates a fine mist, your curls can be easily refreshed throughout the day. You want one already, don't you?
- Alikay Naturals Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo - chosen by 4C NaturallyCurly editors - The initial reaction from Nikki upon applying the shampoo to her scalp was, "Oooh! I like this!" Indeed, everyone can agree that cleansing the scalp is tough especially with thick 4C curls. That's why this shampoo bottle has a nozzle applicator that makes cleansing your scalp virtually painless. "I feel like this is a superior way to clean," Nikki said. Dare to try it yourself? Get it, girl!
- True by Made Beautiful Intense Treatment Masque - chosen by 2C NaturallyCurly editors - "If a wavy used this, it would last them 3 years!" exclaimed Evelyn. Coconut, honey, mango, and shea butter are the divine ingredients that make up this tub of thick, creamy moisture. Woo! Sounds like the ultimate smoothie, doesn't it? Concocted to replenish damaged, dry curls with moisture, this masque is sulfate and paragon free. Evelyn absolutely loves the slips that this masque gives her curls, and said, "Thank you, wavies!"
- Brown Butter Beauty Sweet Milk Detangling Leave-In Conditioner - chosen by 4C NaturallyCurly editors - "I like the consistency," Nikki remarked when handling the product. As Evelyn points out in the video, this conditioner is full of extracts that help you comb wet curls, reduce frizz, and leave your hair smelling as fresh as morning dew. No matter if you're a 2A or a 3B, you will benefit from using this leave-in. We think you'll like it so much that as our gift to you, beloved community member, we're offering free shipping on Brown Butter Beauty products! Keep reading for more details.
- Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper Original - chosen by 3C NaturallyCurly editors - "This is a styler distributed through wet hair, from root to tip," Evelyn explained,"It will give you frizz free days." Thats right, coilies and kinkies, you've gotta try this! Since this styler is water based, you can use it daily without residue weighing down your hair. It's also a fantastic styler for curl girls in humid climates (we're looking at you, Miami!).
- Alikay Naturals Glazed Argan Oil Silkener - chosen by 3C NaturallyCurly editors - "It has a thicker consistency, like serum, so I like that already," Nikki said. The thickness comes from the blending of oils such as Moroccan Argan, sweet almond, and apricot kernel. To keep hair healthy and soft, this sickener contains essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and Omega 6. It’s like an all in one oil! Great for minimizing the appearance of frizz, split ends and flyways, while protecting your hair from thermal and environmental damage. Chock full of natural antioxidants, this oil is scented with Black Raspberry and Vanilla Beans and made for curls of all textures and patterns. Get some!
As promised, here's your special gift from Naturally Curly: Show your curls some love with Brown Butter Beauty! Use this free US shipping coupon code at checkout: NatCurlBBB
Tell us all about your favorite products in the comments section below, and as ever stay curly![prodmod]