The importance of positivity is often underestimated. Having a positive attitude helps you overcome challenges in life and at the same time, make us more creative in being able to navigate a difficult situation.
The importance of positivity is often underestimated. Having a positive attitude helps you overcome challenges in life and at the same time, make us more creative in being able to navigate a difficult situation. Not to forget, positivity attracts people and decreases your chances of feeling lonely.
Part of positivity is having an optimistic self-image. Because how can we expect to be loved by others if we do not love ourselves? In the past, I would carry around an extremely negative attitude towards myself. This attitude destroyed potentially valuable friendships while simultaneously affecting my happiness. To combat this personal issue, I started telling myself things during the day to regain my self-confidence. Now, I love myself even more--and there is nothing wrong with openly showing a radical love of self.
1. You are so lucky for being granted another day, and you are closer to the achievement of your goals.My friends asked me why I don't complain about Mondays like everyone else at work. The answer is simple: I do not want to be ungrateful for being granted the opportunity to live another day. Every day, I work on making my dreams a reality and each new day makes me a wiser person.
2. Do not feel the need to change your attitude towards those who bash you--keep your cool.
When work calls for group projects, we might deal firsthand with people who use an unprofessional tone when speaking to us. Whenever I am in such a situation, I count until ten and tell myself this. Tip: Do not respond to emails until you are completely calm and level-headed. In face-to-face meetings, indicate that you need time, and wait until you are comfortable before responding to certain comments.
3. Today you face this challenge, but tomorrow, your situation will improve. The world keeps turning.
The last couple of weeks I have gone through a difficult situation, which will change my life for the next few months as well. Telling myself this makes me feel much better at any time of the day.
4. You are pretty, you are awesome, you are unique.
It may sound weird telling yourself this out loud, but it is really important for you to realize your own unique beauty. I tell myself this at times when I am feeling insecure. Especially when I am on my period--pardon my honesty--and when I am anxious about having a date, this phrase gets spoken to myself.
5. You can accomplish this, and you will.
When doing my workouts sometimes I motivate myself to do my best more. Problems people often experience is a lack of motivation for doing sports. If you set realistic goals you will automatically feel encouraged to achieve these.
6. You had a very productive day today, and tomorrow will be even better!
At the end of each successful day, I like to praise myself up when I get home and unwind. Doing this aloud keeps the motivation up for the following day's feats.
7. Today was perhaps not the best day, but tomorrow you will have the chance to improve.On the not so good days, I like to keep my attitude positive by telling myself that there will be another opportunity for improvement.
What do you tell yourself each day?
Leave your self-affirmation in the comment section below.