Give yourself a career makeover whether you just started your first job or need some help dressing for your next interview.
Makeup for the Office
A good rule of thumb for appropriate office makeup is to keep it simple. You don’t want anything flashy that screams "I’m going clubbing right after this." You want to look gorgeous, but not unecessarily glamorous. As with the hair, a well done face shows that you sacrificed time to look presentable. For those sales driven jobs that require face time with prospective clients, looking presentable is even more important.
- Cover up blemishes: Use a long lasting foundation that can cover up blemishes for the entire work day.
- Finish with light powder: Cover a shiny nose with a light layer of powder.
- Use a rosy blush: A rosy or natural-looking blush will help you look energized and ready for the day. It will look the most natural if its close to the natural warmer tones in your skin.
- Stick to neutral eye shadows: Use brown, beige or pearl eye shadows that will help you look awake, but won’t draw too much attention to your eyes.
- Use natural-looking lip color: Stay away from glossy reds or purples that are too conspicuous. Go for colors that almost almost match your actual lip color.
- Don’t forget the eyebrows! It may seem unnecessary, but clean, well groomed eyebrows show attention to detail that employers appreciate.
Read about the outfit for this look on page 3...
Read More: How to Create Professional Hairstyles