Remove product buildup and residue with this easy DIY baking soda hair cleanser.
This February NaturallyCurly is celebrating a full month of Curly Mixology! Each day we'll feature one recipe for you to treat your curls to in the comfort of your own kitchen. Tweet us your favorite recipes with hashtag #CurlyMixology or share them on our Facebook page!
Stripping with Style
NaturallyCurly user Akani recommends using this recipe once every 6-7 months to remove build-up. It can sometimes take more than one treatment to fully remove product residue, Akani gives her full tips here!
What you'll need
- 4-5 tablespoons shampoo
- 2 tablespoons baking soda (depending on your hair)
- Distilled water (optional)
- Wide tooth comb
- Stir shampoo and baking soda together until it forms a thick paste
- Comb mixture through hair evenly, completely covering from root to tip
- Massage scalp in sections, work slowly and methodically
- Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water
- Condition hair generously, leave in for 5 minutes
- Detangle with a wide tooth comb
- Rinse with cold water