DiscoveringNatural loves a good challenge. Her followers asked her to straighten her 4c natural hair using the saran wrap method, and she did! Watch as she stretches her hair with rollers and plastic wrap!
Prior to doing this style, I pre-poo my hair for 1 hr with a mixture of:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp castor oil
- 4 drops tea tree oil
Cleanse & Tea Rinse
Normally, I will not do a tea rinse with a protein deep conditioner, because they kind of do similar things, but lately my hair has been shedding more than normal.
- Shampoo with Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo (old formula”>
- Condition with Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
- Apply black tea rinse
- Deep condition with SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Masque
- Leave this on of 30 mins
- Apply oil on my scalp.
- Use SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk to moisturize the hair.
- Twist bantu knot the hair in 4 sections to stretch a little and dry for about 30 mins.
Stretch with Saran Wrap
After this, I started the process you will be watching.
Please note that I trimmed my hair after this process. I cut about 1 and half to 2 inches.