Protein is beneficial for fine hair and for damaged or porous hair, and is used in many deep conditioning treatments. But with so many different types of products that contain protein for hair, which one one do you choose?
- Look for hydrolyzed proteins in rinse-off products. These can penetrate hair and add strength and shine.
- Collagen is helpful in improving hair elasticity.
- Keratin is thought to be strengthening and improves manageability.
- Wheat protein adds strength and helps retain moisture.
- Soy protein and other plant proteins also have moisture-attracting (humectant”> qualities.
- Silk protein tends to soften hair.