Healthy, bouncy, shimmery waves are rocking the runways this fall. Bring on the shine, and banish the frizz with these tips and products. A little extra TLC (and moisture) is needed as the seasons change.
1. Trim those ends.
Regular removal of dry, split ends will reduce breakage and tangles, and keep your hair healthy. Fuzzy ends look dry, matte, and unruly. Without them, your hair can clump better and retain more moisture.
2. Rinse with cool water.
Steaming hot showers may be a welcome wake-up on those chilly autumn mornings but they can dry out your hair and skin. Rinsing your daily conditioner with cooler temperature water can help seal in moisture and make your hair look smoother and shinier.
3. Diffuse with a cool shot.
Having a cool shot feature on your hair dryer is a must, especially if you want to turn down fall frizz. NuMe has everything you need to get your gloss game on in its Blowout Boutique.
4. Use shine-enhancing serums.
Serums are light, easy to apply products that can be used in place of your leave-in. They impart a brilliant sheen to your hair without weighing it down. Naturally Curly community favorites include:
- CURLS Cashmere + Caviar Hair Serum: with its blend of oils and hydrolyzed wool protein, this serum will give you smooth shiny waves with structure.
- EDEN BodyWorks Almond Marshmallow Hydration Serum: For shine, tangle-busting slip, and sheen promoting properties that will keep your waves glowing gorgeous all day, this hydration serum is sure to be a regular in your regimen.
- Lubricity Labs S-Curl: Curl Perfecting Serum: if you aren’t a fan of products that leave your hair feeling crunchy, this is the serum for you. If contains tapioca-derived proteins that support your waves without leaving them feeling stiff. It can be used when you are air drying or using a diffuser. It will give you soft, full-bodied waves with plenty of shine.
5. Finish with a mist.
Finishing mists are a great way to add gloss to your finished style without the weighed-down look that can be caused by heavier oils. You can also use them to help scrunch out the crunch. Spray a small amount into one of your palms, and then scrunch. Some mists that are perfect for waves include:
- Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Intense Shine Oil: You only need a tiny amount of this oil blend for fantastic, lasting sheen. It is best for thicker density hair that needs a lot of moisture.
- Alikay Naturals Shine Crave Hair Glosser: If you love coconut oil as a sealer, this glosser is perfect for you. Its all-natural blend of oils including coconut and sweet almond will keep frizz and flyaways at bay while leaving your hair soft and shiny.
- Curl Company Beach Spray Curl Activation Mist: If you want to get beachy waves without the heat of a barrel iron, finish with this texturizing and shine spray. Not only will it help to enhance your waves, it will leave them full of sheen.
- Jane Carter Solution Curls to Go Shine On Curl Elixir: Naturally Curly shopper Marsha L. writes “Great product! Leaves my curls soft, moisturized, and bouncy. Love it!” with its blend of moisturizing oils and fantastic fragrance, you are sure to love it, too.
What are your favorite ways to add shine to your waves? Let us know in the comments. For some tips on preventing frizz for type 2 wavy hair, click here.