One of the great things about curly hair is that's it's so versatile allowing you to wear a wide variety of styles. So the next time you're looking to change up your look try one of these quick and easy curly hairstyles and celebrate the joys of natural hair!
Easy Curly Hairstyles
Chic and Low Side Bun
- As soon as you get out of the shower, part your hair on one side.
- Using Your fingers, apply a smoothing cream to damp curls. Comb it through with your fingers then allow curls to dry naturally.
- Once your hair is totally dry, finger comb curls to the side (near the nape of your neck by either of your ears) and hold them in your hands as if you are making a ponytail.
- Loosely wrap an elastic around your ponytail twice. On the third time, only pull your hair halfway through to create a bun.
- Use your fingers to loosen up the bun and to add a bit of volume. You can also add a pretty clip or accessory right behind your ear.
Ride the Wave
- This style starts in the shower. Make sure to use a deep conditioner so that the hair is moisturized before starting. Then evenly distribute a generous amount of smoothing cream through curls once they’re damp.
- Part your hair (down the center or either side, whichever way frames your face shape the best) and allow curls to air dry. Comb through the curls with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to gently loosen them into waves.
- Optional: For more drama and volume, gently tease the ends of your hair.
- Finish the look with a light misting of an anti-frizz holding spray to keep flyaways at bay.
Half and Half
- Apply smoothing cream to your wet hair in sections and allow your curls to dry naturally.
- Once it's completely dry, take the top half of your hair and pull it back into a ponytail. Use a barrette or bobby pins to secure hair down at the back.
- Make sure to give hair a generous spray of anti-frizz hairspray to prevent your curls from getting frizzy.
- While your hair is still wet, apply a moisturizing curl cream and blow dry using a diffuser attachment.
- Loosely gather your curls and secure them in a ponytail.
- Twist curls into a bun and pin down the ends with bobby pins. For more control, try putting the ponytail into a two strand twist before coiling it into a bun.
- Allow any curls near your hairline to fall out as wispy tendrils.
And if all else fails…
Headband to the Rescue!
- To give your curls definition, apply a styling gel while they're damp and then use a diffuser to speed up the drying process.
- Use your fingers to to comb the top section of your hair back into a half updo and secure it with a barette or clip.
- Slip on a headband and your push hair back away from your hairline. Be careful not to touch your curls too much as this could cause them to frizz!
- Finish the look with a final spritz of an anti-humidity hairspray to tame any flyaways.