Make people go gaga over your big, bouncy curls - without using a curling wand. Flexi rods allow you to get defined, voluminous curls without all the damage you get from a curling iron. Definition, frizz control, and volume with no heat?! What’s not to like about a flexi rod set? Once you have flexi rod set hair you can either leave it down or put it up in an updo. The possibilities are endless.
- Flexi rods
- Styling product
- Boar brush
- Hair ties or clips
- Section your hair into three equal horizontal sections and tie them up.
- Start with the bottom section and brush it out with the boar brush.
- Apply your styling product to the bottom section and split the bottom section into three vertical sections.
- Wrap each section around a separate flexi rod. You should have three flexi rods in the bottom section.
- Secure the flexi rod by wrapping it into a tight doughnut.
- Loosen the next section and repeat the same process.
- Leave them in to set for at least three hours or overnight; the longer the better. Do not take them out if your hair is not 100% dry or they will unravel and look loose and mushy.
- Gently take them out, shake your head, and voila! Sexy flexi curls!
Follow Curly Penny here:
This article was originally published in October 2014.