Nicknamed "Fruit of the Angels" by Christopher Columbus, this Central American wonder food is known for its low sodium and Vitamin A qualities. Papaya provides a plethora of benefits for both hair and skin. It exfoliates, provides shine, and naturally lightens. Browse through our Recipes Collection for more amazing DIY hair masks.
What You'll Need
- 1 Papaya
- Olive oil
- Mix a papaya with honey and olive oil in a blender until the papaya is thoroughly blended into a puree.
- Apply thoroughly to your hair and allow it to penetrate for an hour.
- Rinse out with warm water and lather for a little bit while rinsing out.
If DIY isn't for you,
- Circle of Friends Maya Papaya Leave-In Conditioner - This adds incredible shine and moisture to dull, dry hair. Read reviews here
- Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Conditioner - The champion detangler, known for having tons of slip while eliminating frizz. Read reviews here
- Freeman Papaya and Mango 3-Minute Conditioner - In addition to papaya, this is packed with mango, hydrating hair and repairing breakage. Oh, and it's 3 bucks! Leave a review here
- Ouidad Superfruit Renewal Clarifying Cream Shampoo - A gentle cleanser that is loaded with acids of other super fruits like acai, blueberry, cranberry, pomegranate, and of course--papaya. Leave a review here