Quick and easy wavy hairstyles to help you get out the door.
If you’re anything like me, your mornings are probably spent hitting the snooze button on your alarm clock until the last possible minute, leaving you with almost no time to style your hair. If you’ve got beautiful waves, read on for some fantastically easy wavy hairstyles. All you'll need are bobby pins, your favorite hairspray, product, a comb and a hair tie!
The Quick Bump
I find this is a great way to still show off your waves while adding a slightly elegant element to wavy hairstyles. This is also an easy way to make your second day waves interesting and hide any bed-head frizz!
- Style hair as you normally would, scrunching hair product in your waves, or however you achieve your best waves. If you are using this style for on second day hair, scrunch in some rose oil (amazing for type 2 waves!) to help eliminate the frizz and add softness.
- Grab two small pieces of hair from the front of your face. It’s important not to grab too much hair otherwise your bump will get all the attention, not you.
- Pull these two pieces over your head and smooth them out with a comb so that you cannot see your hair part. Be careful not to touch the rest of your hair with the comb! Combing equals frizz unless you are creating a style so always remember wavy rule number one: no brushing!
- Still holding your hair, pull it tight over your head and then push it forward so that the piece you are holding creates a small bump, small being the keyword here.
- Once you've got your bump, secure it with two bobby pins. Insert them at the top of your head and create an X to ensure that your bump holds.
- Mist your hair with hairspray, concentrating on your bump. Re-scrunch the rest of your hair, making sure the front strands are especially wavy. If needed, quickly touch it up with a curling iron, or wet the strands and reapply product. Be sure that if you choose to wet your hair to get the waves to re-wave, that you are using shampoos and conditioners that contain water-soluble ingredients. In other words, avoid silicones!
This wavy hairstyle should look effortless, because it is! It literally takes about five minutes to do and then you rout of bed and looking classy without much effort. Tres chic!
The Half Bun
Do hair bands ruin the pattern of your waves? If so, this next wavy hairstyle is a great substitute for the hair band. Best of all, it’s quick and easy.
- Grab the front part of your hair and pull it away from your face. Don’t grab too much, you still want some waves for the back.
- Secure that piece of hair behind your ear with two bobby pins. Do the same for the other side of your face. Your hair should be away from your face, but still loose in the back.
- Grab a small piece of hair from the back of your head and twist it upwards, twisting it into a bun.
- Secure the small bun with a hair elastic. Be sure to keep your waves loose; you don’t want to damage your hair by pulling it tightly.
This hairstyle is meant to replace the hair band with the two bobby pins at each side; both work to pull the hair away from the face. The bun adds elegance to your hairstyle, but is casual enough for everyday activities.
The Quick Tease
This style only works with hair that is already dried, so be sure to allow time for your hair to dry before styling as such, or use this style for second day hair. I highly recommend trying this hairstyle on second day hair, when waves usually tend to lose volume.
- Ruffle your hair and divide it into two sections, top and bottom.
- Tease the bottom section of your hair by grabbing pieces and scrapping them with a comb. Comb upwards to achieve the teasing effect.
- Release the top section of your hair. Mist the top with water or apply styling product to achieve your waves. Scrunch the top, being sure to scrunch towards the top of your head. Release your waves and mist with hair spray.
- Optional: If you have time, you can really spice up this hairstyle by curling the top section with a curling iron and leaving the bottom teased. This will allow for a multiple textured look that is quite edgy.