Diwali celebrates the Hindu New Year,fresh beginnings, and overcoming last year's obstacles. This year, Diwali is today, Wednesday October 22--it typically runs somewhere between October and November but is ultimately decided by the Hindu lunar calendar.
Fashion On My Own shares with us her cute, simple festive updo hairstyle that will have all eyes on you at this year's Diwali celebration.
- Gather all the hair at the crown of your head and create a loose ponytail.
- Make a gap and flip the ponytail.
- Take some hair from the left side and the right side of the ponytail and add to the crown pony.
- Make a gap, flip the ponytail through it, and tug the end. Follow this all the way down until you get to the nape area.
- Gather hair into a bun and secure it with rubber bands.
- Secure the corners of the bun with bobby pins.
Watch the video