ADDITIONAL FACTORS:
CG-Safe (*): This means that all of the ingredients are (A) water soluble and (B) passed my water-only conditioner cleansing test. I put every conditioner in a little bottle and tried to remove the conditioner with warm water only. If the conditioner was hard to remove or did not completely rinse away (left a film, etc), I did not rate it with a CG-Safe symbol. If a conditioner gets this rating, it could be conditioner-washed out (with a CG-safe conditioner) or rinsed out and would require no shampoo to remove the conditioner from the hair. This category contains (1) cone-free conditioners, (2) conditioners with water soluble silicones, (3) conditioners lacking other buildup prone ingredients (beeswax, petroleum, mineral oil, etc), and (4) passed the conditioner cleansing test.

Requires Surfactants to Remove (&): This conditioner would require at least occasional use of a shampoo with some type of sulfate or cocobetaine to remove water insoluble ingredients or buildup determined by my conditioner-cleansing test (described under the CG-Safe category). Which surfactant to use (sulfate or not) should be determined by your personal hairís porousity, buildup tendancies, and the rank of the water insoluble ingredients in the conditioner.

Buildup Risk (#): This conditioner showed significant and undeniable signs of buildup and therefore, not only does it require a sulfate shampoo to remove, if you choose to use this conditioner, I recommend it in rotation only with frequent shampooing with sulfates. This is a subjective interpretation based on my observations and othersí experiences.

Great Detangler (^): provided above average detangling

Curl Boosting (!): increases amount and/or degree of curliness

Good as a Leave-In or in Dry Hair (+): This conditioner was good as a leave-in applied to wet or dry hair.

Recommended for Cooler Temps Only (%): This means that the conditioner did not perform as well in warmer temperatures (over 70-80 degrees F).

Recommended to Fine Wavy/Curl Types (~): This means that this conditioner is lighter weight and its performance and othersí experiences suggested that it would provide desireable results for finer hair. Just because a conditioner doesn't have this symbol doesn't mean that fine wavies/curlies wouldn't like it, but I don't foresee it being a recommended conditioner for others who aren't fine wavies/curlies.

Recommended for 3c-4 Curl Types (@): This means that this conditionersí performance and othersí experiences suggested it would provide desireable results for 3c and 4a/b curl types. Just because a conditioner doesn't have this symbol doesn't mean that 3c-4a/b curlies wouldn't like it, but I don't foresee it being a recommended conditioner for others who aren't 3c-4a/b curl types.